Stage Of Menarche

Why have the periods not started yet in a teenager?

Query: Hello doctor, My 16-year-old has not grown in height in 2.5 to 3 years and has not started her period and is delayed in puberty. Seems to be a late bloomer. She is small (short) for her age and underweight but eats normally. Her bloodwork only shows low prolactin. Everything else is normal. Is ther...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prolactin deficiency can cause delayed puberty. Few studies have shown that this delayed puberty is due to prolactin deficiency. Also, check for other possibilities, genetic factors, growth hormone deficiency, etc. In a few cases, supplementation of prolactin may be us...  Read Full »

Please explain the growth cycle of a female child.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is nine years old. She had body odor in the armpit. I was alarmed because it smelled like an adult body odor. She had sweating. A few days ago, she told about her nipple that one nipple looks normal and the other one looks hard. I want to know whether she has reached the pube...  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to have these findings now because a few kids have it. Normal growth cycle follows these ways. The first one is thelarche. In this, there is a development of the breast. The second one is pubarche. In this, there is a development of pubic hair. Then the nex...  Read Full »

Are frequent periods and heavy flow in teenagers something to worry about?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 13-year-old female. I am a virgin, not on any medications and I started my period about two years back. My period has been coming nearly exactly every two weeks without fail since about a year ago. At the beginning, it was all over the place (which is to be expected), but it start...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you are absolutely fine. It is a human tendency to expect a big condition when it is actually a simple one. We should always think of the common conditions first. You are having immature hormone cycles and spasmodic dy...  Read Full »

Is it normal to get irregular periods after few months of menarche?

Query: Hello doctor,My 12 years old daughter started getting periods four months back. For the first two months, she had them at a gap of 26 days and in the third month after 28 days. This month, it is already 36 days and no sign of bleeding. Is it normal for her to have irregular cycles?  Read Full »

Dr. Sharmila Naik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is normal to have irregularities in the periods at this stage when the menarche has recently occurred. You can give her Evecare syrup if it persists, which is an ayurvedic non-hormonal uterine blood flow regulating tonic.¬†This stage might last for another year un...  Read Full »