Stuttering

My daughter has started to stammer. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has started to stammer. What should I do?   Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stammering or stuttering is not very uncommon in this age group. Most children do stammer at this age, and with time over a few months, it gets resolved usually. I believe that the delivery of this child was smooth, and she had no history of admissions for any illnes...  Read Full »

Why do I stammer while speaking?

Query: Hello doctor, I always stutter or stammer while speaking. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stammering or stuttering is either because of structural or functional aspects. A structural defect is most commonly tongue-tie if you had at birth during your speech development. Functional aspects are almost always due to stress and decreased self-confidence level...  Read Full »

A 3-year-old is stuttering. Is it something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, A 3-year-old just begins stuttering out of the clear blue. Should we be concerned?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. Developmental stuttering is a common form of stuttering seen in children under 5 years. Stuttering occurs when a child is learning speech and language skills. It occurs because of the child's language and speech ability are unable to manage the ...  Read Full »

How to prevent stammering?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from stammering for the last 14 years. Now my age is 20. I am a male. I am facing difficulty while talking with others or when I read something. My tongue comes out while stammering. So, I am not talking with anyone now. Stammer has become a big problem in my life. P...  Read Full »

Dr. Melissa Kate Cox

Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for your suffering. Have you tried breathing through the stammer? When you feel the tension of a stammer coming on, take a deep breath and as you breathe out, say the phrase or short sentence you want to say. For further information consult a speech therapist o...  Read Full »

Is my speaking problem related to anarthria disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with speaking. I cannot speak fluently. I struggle with speech. I have doubts about anarthria disorder. Please tell me clarification of that disorder. My age is 22 years.  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anarthria means inability to articulate clearly due to neurological conditions. It occurs usually in Parkinson's or stroke. it is unlikely that you might have any of the above at this age. It is very rare. What you might be having is stuttering. For more information...  Read Full »

Why does my 4.3 years old son find it difficult to speak fluently?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4.3 years old. He sometimes finds it difficult to speak fluently, especially in the beginning of a sentence and when he is excited. Most of the time he speaks the entire sentence very clearly, without any difficulty. I am attaching his audio and video recording clips. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have heard the attached voice recordings (attachment removed to protect patient privacy). The child is stammering. His pronunciation is fine, but the problem is with fluency. It can be due to anxiety. The child might be afraid of performance. There can be psychological...  Read Full »

Please give some tips to improve my speech and articulation skill.

Query: Hi doctor, My voice is very low. I am not able to scold or intimidate anyone. When my friends abuse me, I am not able to reply them. They take advantage of me. They never heed my words. Sometimes, I feel much worried about it. I also hesitate and vibrate while talking. People keep me down with their...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As reported by you, the possibility of you have stuttering is very high. If you are scared of people do activities, which would decrease your confidence, then make sure that you stay in a positive environment. Practice in front of a mirror. Try to do activities that wo...  Read Full »

I am struggling to express words in certain occasions. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a speech disorder and a constant headache. It started before two months. When I try to express myself, I often stumble upon words, repeat them or it takes time for me to think of an appropriate word to say on that certain occasion. This seems to be progressively getting worse. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As reported by you the possible speech disorder could be stuttering. As you do not have any medical history of stroke or any kind of damage to the brain, it might be stuttering only. Do you get anxious while speaking? If you get anxious while speaking, then you might ...  Read Full »