Subdural Hemorrhage

Had surgery for FTP contusion and SDH following a RTA. When will he get conscious?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 60 years old. Before 15 days, he met with an accident and was injured on the right side of the head. There was bleeding on both the ears and some cholesterol like thing was there in one ear. We have noticed that, but not sure what it was. We have admitted him in the hospital an...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. He is in coma. The time to recovery will be longer and we cannot predict that now. As he is in coma, he can only feel the pain and not touch. Also, he will not be able ...  Read Full »

Do you think the treatment given for my father is right?

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 58 years old, having diabetes for the last 23 years. He always takes Insulin and other sugar tablets. His weight is 67 kg and height is 5'5". For the last two months, he has been taking Aspirin 75 mg. He had a minor headache for the last few days. Also, he had a cold an...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that the decision of holding the operation is correct. Everywhere in the world that is the standard practice. We do not operate for at least five days after stopping the Aspirin or Clopidogrel. Aspirin and Clopidogrel are basically sort of b...  Read Full »

Can subdural hematoma be cured by medicines alone?

Query: Hello doctor, Please go through and advise. 'Acute on chronic subdural hemorrhage in bilateral cerebral convexities measuring 2 cm in the right side and 1.3 cm in the left side. The mass effect is noted in the form of effacement of adjacent sulcal spaces and compression of ventricles. Thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Surgery is absolutely indicated in this case. This hematoma cannot be cured with medications. Surgery should not be delayed as there is a possibility of permanent brain damage if the mass effect is not relieved. This is usually a minor surgery. Burr holes and d...  Read Full »

Is there any skull fracture seen in my father's CT head report?

Query: Hi doctor, My father had a CT scan for head injury. I have attached the two CDs for your reference. One important thing is different in the reports. It is about a crack of parietal and temporal bones. Could you take a look and describe them to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images of CT scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is bleeding in the left thalamus and a subdural hemorrhage in the left temporal region. Soft tissue thickness is increased in the right temporal and parietal region. There is a thin...  Read Full »

My dad had repeated subdural hemorrhages. Is it due to a wrong diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 70 year old father had undergone left frontal and parietal, right frontal burr hole craniostomy with an evacuation of subdural hemorrhage under LA and sedation last month. Before the operation, his right side was not working and the problem was resolved after the operation and the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The SDH (subdural hemorrhage) diagnosis usually does not go wrong. Since they have operated for the same, it is very unlikely that there is any diagnostic dilemma. Chronic SDH recurrence is known to happen. And re-exploration needs to be done for the same. The cause of...  Read Full »