Sucking Reflex

Please help me to breastfeed my baby who is on formula feed.

Query: Hello...I am mother of 4 months old baby boy but unable to feed from the very first day....will I start breastfeed now?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Yes you can start breastfeeding. However you have to be balanced and gradual. Latch the baby on the breast for 5 to 10 minutes before top feeding. And then top feed as much as the baby wants. Continue this for 2 weeks till gradually milk starts coming and baby refuses top feeds. You can consume Sata...  Read Full »

I am not able to achieve proper latch and quantity of my breast milk is also low. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to achieve proper latch and quantity of my breast milk is also low. Need help for both, please suggest. My baby is 3 weeks old.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinodhini P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would be very glad to help you. Because being a mother of two, I could very well understand your state of mind now. This is a common problem that most of the new mothers face at this point of time. First of all sit back and relax, do not take too much of stress. Be...  Read Full »

What is the reason for inadequate breast milk secretion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old woman. I have a three months old baby. I am giving formula milk for my baby from the first month, because from the beginning I did not have adequate milk secretion. Also, I am breastfeeding three to four times a day in between. As I had cold and light fever I stopped br...  Read Full »

Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You really have a serious problem. Lactation usually depends on sucking reflex. As the baby sucks the nipple it produces a hormone called prolactin in the mother's body which is responsible for milk secretion and this forms a cycle. As you have stopped breastfeeding, your...  Read Full »