Tab Orlistat

Can L-Carnitine be used to reduce weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. My weight is 84 kg. I am unable to lose fat despite proper diet and exercise. Can I use L-Carnitine supplement?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I am sorry to inform you that it is a myth that L-Carnitine reduces weight by burning fat. I know that you can easily find thousands of websites on the internet which claims that consuming their energy drinks and supplements containing L-Carnitine will burn out ex...  Read Full »

Can I take Orlistat for weight loss if I have PCOS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I weigh 49 kg. My height is 140 cm and my BMI is 25. I am getting married in a few months and need to shed a few pounds. I took Orlistat 60 mg capsules after breakfast and lunch. I bought it over the counter without a prescription. The same evening, I had co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not take this drug to reduce weight. I would recommend you to stop this drug. An oily stool is normal with the medication you had taken. If you are already a diagnosed case of PCOS, consult a gynaecologist online and get it treated. PCOS is a cause for ove...  Read Full »

Does Orlistat help in losing weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an unmarried 23 year old female. My height and weight are 5'6" and 105 kg respectively. Till now I do not have any medical issue. From childhood, I am a bit fat. So I would like to know, is there any tablet which can help me lose weight along with diet? I heard that Xenical (Orlista...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case in detail. First of all Orlistat (Xenical) is a drug which may be useful for you. But, initially I would recommend you to go under natural treatment better to say meal planning or proper diet chart. Pills have lot of side effects like mainly...  Read Full »

Can I take fat burner to lose weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am quite overweight and my weight is 102 kg. My height is 5 feet and 7 inches. I am trying to lose weight and started going to gym. My coach says that I should take a fat burner for eight weeks. Is it fine to take that? I have fatty liver and some fibrosis also due to extra weight. C...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Mind my words that for weight loss other than exercise and right diet nothing works. The supplement you are taking is just fancy and is not going to help you. If you do exercises, then you may discuss with your doctor to prescribe you Orlista...  Read Full »

I do not have any systemic issues but still gaining a lot of weight. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am becoming overweight day by day. I do not have any problems with thyroid or any other systemic issues. So, what can I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have a weight gain related issue. Orlistat is a very good drug to lose weight, but it should not be taken with anything else. Also, I suggest that you exercise 60 minutes daily and eat fruits a...  Read Full »

Are appetite suppressants helpful for overweight people?

Query: Hi doctor, I see a lot of patients, who are slightly overweight. I put them on an exercise regime, and tell them to restrict their diet. But sometimes, they are unable to control their appetite and have dinner at night. They ask me for any appetite suppressant to decrease their appetite. They prefe...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, appetite suppressants are hard to find, as you must be aware that they have a low therapeutic index, habit former, and are difficult to discontinue once started. For obese patients with BMI (body mass index) over 30, why do not you try VLCD (very low...  Read Full »

Can Orlistat cause side effects on teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to start taking Xenical or Orlistat for about a month. Can you tell me what the side effects on the teeth are? Does it cause them to fall out or weaken them?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Orlistat has no direct effect on calcium and vitamin D levels of the body, so a direct effect on teeth is not there. However, in very rare cases, mild bleeding from gums have been documented, but they are insignificant cases. Orlistat works by inhibiting gastric and pan...  Read Full »

Suggest me any medicine and guide me reduce weight.

Query: Hi, I am 20 years old. My weight is 65 kg. My height is 5' 5". I want to lose my weight about 4 to 5 kg. Please suggest me any medicine to reduce weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best way to reduce weight is by regular physical exercise and balanced diet. You can lose weight by reducing your intake of oily food and sweets. It is also important to space your meals in such a way that you have more frequent, small meals (and not hea...  Read Full »

Why do I have a big belly?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'6" and weight is 74 kg. I have a big belly with the rest of my body being a little leaner. I have continuous hunger even after I have had food. After a meal with five roti and a cup of rice, I will feel hungry within an hour or two. I have zero...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. You seem to be simply suffering from belly obesity that occurs as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. Excessive hunger is just a functional issue, that is since you eat, you get more hunger. It is a habit. Start exercising and join a ...  Read Full »