Q. I have tachycardia and dyspnea at night. Why?

Dr. Rishu

I have tachycardia, and dyspnea at night. It causes sleep disturbance. Please help.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

High tachycardia and dyspnea at night are also called paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea. These are indicators of cardiac disease. Few basic tests of cardiology should be done to rule out coronary artery disease or congestive cardiac failure or arrhythmia. 2 D echocardiogram and treadmill test can be done to rule out ischemia and left ventricle ejection fraction. 24-hour Holter monitoring can be done to rule out the nature of faulty beats or arrhythmia. Follow me with the reports.

| 

Are heart palpitations, tachycardia and shortness of breath due to mitral valve stenosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heart palpitations (especially when I lie down or do some physical activity), shortness of breath, tachycardia for the past three months. I am taking Propranolol (20 mg per day) for this. Propranolol is controlling trachycardia a bit. In stress my condition worsens...  Read Full »

I got fever with chills and WBC count is 11900. Is it serious?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a fever with chills and feeling cold. I took Dolo 650 and fever is gone but still continue to feel chills in my legs and sometimes feel cold. I went to the doctor. He asked me to get CBC test and routine urine test. In my CBC test, my WBC count is 11900, rest all are in no...  Read Full »