Q. I had spica cast. When can I start driving or riding a motorcycle?

Answered by Dr. Lokesh and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema

Do you have a question on Thumb Spica Splint or Bony Mallet Injury? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I had spica cast.  When can I start driving or riding a motorcycle?

I had a road accident and fractured my right thumb. It happened three weeks back and was administered a spica cast the next day of injury. After an X-ray, the doctor suggested that the cast can be removed in a few days. I want to understand, how long before I can resume my normal activities like driving or riding a motorcycle, etc. Also, I was strength training regularly before the accident, when is it advisable to lift heavy weights again?