Q. Is it safe to use a pacifier for thumb sucking habit?

Dr. Rakesh Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 31, 2021

My daughter has developed a habit of thumb sucking. The doctor advised for a pacifier. Is that safe to use? I heard that using Pacifier will make my baby not suck breast milk anymore. Also, will it lead to misalignment of the front teeth once she grows up? Please advise what to do. Is it 100 % safe to use a pacifier?

#

• It will not interfere with breast sucking. Regarding teeth problem, usually, it does not happen.
  • Whatever you do should be with the opinion of your pediatrician.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|