Tizanidine

Is trismus normal after wisdom teeth removal?

Query: Hi doctor, One month ago, I had all four wisdom teeth removed. Recently I begin to have stiff feelings near the areas of extracted teeth, heart palpitations, difficulty in breathing, burning sensation in the gums and the head. There is no pain during eating or drinking. What could be the cause for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms look like anxiety more than a tooth issue. Yes, when we remove the third molars there can be slight tightness because the occlusion gets little deranged in case you have any one of them functional. There is no need to worry, but get some IOPA (intraoral pe...  Read Full »

My MRI result shows small slit like CSF intensity at C5-C6 of the spinal cord. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My MRI results are as follows: Loss of normal cervical lordosis due to paraspinal muscle spasm. Mild posterior disc herniation noted at C3, C4, C4-C5, C6-C7 causing mild compression over ventral thecal sac. Mild right posterior paracentral disc herniation at C5-C6 indenting thecal sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to have known that small CSF-like intensity at C5-C6 is probably called a syrinx which can occur without a cause, due to tuberculosis or after a trauma. The disc protrusion seen at C3-C4,C4-C5 and C6-C7 are non significant. Do you have history of trauma or TB spi...  Read Full »

Kindly examine my MRI report and suggest the cause for back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Other than Bell's palsy, I have a problem of back or neck pain now. In fact, this has been going on for a few months now. More recently, the right of the back (lower back and hip) has been causing a lot of pain. I got an MRI of spine done four weeks ago. I am attaching the report here fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your new symptoms, they are due to degenerative changes in your spine that is, wear and tear after usage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The changes are there in the whole of your spine, maximum at the neck than at the lower back. There is no ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my head pressure and neck pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have general head pressure (or tension) and I suspect brain problem. GP seems to treat my symptoms as we struggle to find the root cause. My concentration level seems impaired, though not severely. I get feelings like I would pass out at times. I get weak joints at times (hands, kn...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having pressure or tension-type feeling over head. Lack of concentration, feeling of impending doom like sensation, slowed cognition, lower neck pain, and weak joints all are symptoms of primary muscle tension headache. Your hemoglobin is normal. Do thyroid ...  Read Full »

Could pain in shoulders, back and chest post gallbladder surgery occur due to gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor. I had gallbladder surgery before two weeks. Why would I still have pain? I was told I could eat a normal diet but I have pain in shoulders, back, and chest and burning sensation in chest and shoulders. Is this gastritis after surgery? I am currently on Pantoprazole, Famotidine, Cetir...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, yes, gastritis can occur post-surgery. Two factors one is peri-operative stress leading to excessive acid production, secondly the bile can reflux back into the stomach (however rare) due to the removal of gallbladder. You have been using Pantoprazole which is...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

I am feeling shaky, clammy and flushing often. How to know the reason for these symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 46 years old. My weight is 147 lbs and height is 5'3". I am currently taking Tizanidine, Nabumetone, and Hydrocodone as prescribed for a back injury sustained over three years ago. My symptoms are extreme shaking, severe weakness sometimes to the point of feeling like I am about to p...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query, and I can understand your concerns. I think you had a back injury, pain, and spasticity (stiffness) for which you are taking the above mentioned drugs for last three years. Let me explain briefly about the drugs you are taking. Nabumeto...  Read Full »