Q. Is snoring related to swollen tonsils?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 11, 2020

The right area of my tonsils are swollen. In the swollen area, there is a hole with like rice thing. I do not know what it is? I had a nose problem when I sleep, where only one nose hole functioning well. I also always snore at night. The swollen area has been decreased a bit on my right neck. I hope you can help me.

I am currently taking Habbatus sauda.

#

Based on your message, I could understand that you have either tonsillitis or adenoids.

Usually, this problem gets solved as the child grows. I mean, your problem is persisting from your school days till now. This is due to the chronic settlement of few bacterias in your throat, which leads to the settlement of the same bacteria nearby lymph node (right neck). So, please follow the following advice:

a) Use warm water and salt for gargling the throat every third hour continuously.

b) Use Alum (small piece) dissolve in warm water and do throat gargle before bedtime. If you do not get Alum, no issues. You can do with regular saltwater.

c) Make a drink using five pieces of garlic with 150 ml of boiled milk and honeny. Drink it twice daily.

d) If possible, practice Pranayama.

e) Do not use cold items, which are kept in the fridge.

f) Karisaalai madakku thailam (a Siddha drug). If you can get it, this should be applied on your hair (scalp) daily half an hour before bath. The same oil few drops to be applied on your tonsils with the help of earbuds. This should be done daily three times.

If you follow these advice, within one week, you will get relief. If you continue for three months, you will get a complete and permanent cure.

|