Q. What is causing my kid to wake up at night unable to breathe?

Dr. Chitrangada

I just am wondering if someone can look at the X-rays of my daughter for free and explain it to me and tell me if this is sleep apnea or normal. She wakes up at night unable to breathe and her nose seems to get stuffy and I just cannot read this and they never explained it and I am wondering if she has sleep apnea or something else more serious I should be concerned with.

#

Considering the clinical complaints that your daughter has and also with the nose getting stuffy, I suspect adenoid enlargement rather than chest abnormality. This can be checked by a simple nasopharynx X-ray.

However, the chest radiograph that you have attached is within normal limits. No significant pleural/ pulmonary abnormality is detected.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|