Q. What causes pressure and mobility in teeth with swelling?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 18 years old, 120 pounds, 5'7", teeth are not good. I do not have pain but have pressure and I feel like all my teeth move a little, not much. There is a swelling on one whole tooth, no pain though. What is going on? I went to my dentist today and he gave me antibiotics for swelling.

#

I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern.

As per your history, signs, and symptoms, it seems to me that you might have apical periodontitis in the swollen single tooth. You need to take antibiotics as directed by your dentist. Pressure is also because of that. The problem of mobility of the tooth, if you feel it in early in the morning, that is normal and it is physiological because the periodontic ligament is relaxed and there seems to mobility. You need to get your teeth cleaned (dental scaling) after the antibiotics are over.

Carious tooth.

IOPAR X-ray.

Acute pulpitis.

Acute apical periodontitis.

|