Unconscious Episodes

Why does my father keep having unconcious episodes?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 55 years old. He is good in terms of his health and weight. He recently had a large AVM rupture and he was flown to the nearest hospital. He had a craniotomy to remove AVM and the ICH caused a large stroke. He was left paralyzed on his right side with the capability to speak,...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When the cortical damage is widespread, the consciousness is impaired. Your father has come out from the deep unconsciousness, he is recovering now. During recovery, this sort of episodes are common and gradually the frequency of this episode would come down. Other factor...  Read Full »

Is it normal to lose consciousness while holding back heavy sneezes?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 54 years old. He has a very heavy sneeze. When he sneezes he holds it back and he loses consciousness. I tell him not to hold it back but he is physically not able to let it go alone. Is there anything I can do to help him or anything he should do and are there any danger...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, we need to find out what is the cause of recurrent sneezing. If you look into the physiology, sneeze is a protective reflex often in response to something irritative and offensive which the body wants to push out in order to prevent it from reaching the lungs an...  Read Full »

What can cause one-sided headaches and a blackout with urination?

Query: My head hurts, but only on the right side--specifically around the area of my temple. Sometimes, the headache spreads to my right eye. The pain in itself is tolerable but every time I lay down to sleep, it becomes more painful. Next to that, my stomach also hurts since the other day. I feel nauseous...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello! Thank your for reaching out Your headache may be a of migraine type. I would recommend you take celecoxib 200 mg/tab, twice a day for pain and topimarate 25 mg/tab at bedtime for 1 week. I would then recommend further consult done after 1 week of taking topimarate. I would also recommend th...  Read Full »

What is the reason for frequent unconsciousness?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, 26 years old, is facing some problem of senselessness. When she is feeling tension, become senseless near about one hour. Before few months, she became senseless 7 to 8 times in her life. But then, she fell down from staircase, became senseless for 1.50 hours. She gets pain ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She loses sense (consciousness) for 1 to 1.5 hours, and same thing happened for more than 20 times in the past few months. Probably she is suffering from some tension, it does not seem to be seizure or convulsion as it lasts for 1 to 1.5 hours and CT brain and EEG ar...  Read Full »

My dad fell unconscious and we did an echo. What do the reports say?

Query: Hello doctor,Ten days ago, my dad collapsed on the street. We rushed him to the hospital and made an echo. Also, he was suffering from high blood pressure but, nowadays his blood pressure is low. This was the first time it happened to him after he took Avodart and Tamsulin. His reports read as f...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He probably fell due to low blood pressure induced due to Tamsulosin. However, there are possibilities like heart rhythm abnormalities and rapid heart rate as his heart function is also low. The echo report indicates that his heart function is low and it is 39...  Read Full »

Kindly help me interpret my father-in-law's MRI reports taken following an accident.

Query: Hello doctor,My father-in-law had a motorcycle accident two days ago and has injuries all over his body. He had his CT done today. I am attaching his report with this query. Kindly help me interpret it.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI brain report of your father-in-law is suggestive of a soft tissue injury on the right side of the head. But, there is no evidence of injury or bleeding inside the brain. I would like t...  Read Full »

My aunt had cardiac arrest and has become unconscious. How to proceed with her treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt had cardiac arrest 10 days ago. After a gap of 5 to 10 minutes, she has become unconscious. They put her on a ventilator. Till date, she is on a ventilator, and there is no recovery registered. Previously, she had two stents for breathing issues. Her MRI report is attached herewit...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the situation. At times, during cardiac arrest, if the brain does not get enough blood for a few minutes, then the brain gets damaged. Once damaged, then brain recovers only minimally. That is the reason why your doctors said no hope. I would like to know a...  Read Full »

What are the possible circumstances in case of subarachnoid hemorrhage?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandfather, who is 84 years, has been suffering from subarachnoid hemorrhage since 10 days. Also, he has been unconscious for the past 10 days. What are the possible circumstances and solutions in this case?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem is most likely because of bleeding from the weak spot in the brain blood vessel. Ideally, we should do an angiography after dye injection and find out the spot and secure it. But looking at his old age and unconsciousness, we do not advise it at this stage. Be...  Read Full »