Q. I have right-sided headaches, and I blacked out and urinated today morning unknowingly. Why?

Dr. Peter Grutas
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2021

My head hurts a lot on the right side especially around the area of the temple. Sometimes, I have headaches spreading to my right eye. It is tolerable but when I lay down, it becomes more painful. My stomach hurts a lot. I feel nauseous too. In the morning, I experienced a weird thing. During breakfast, I felt nauseous. Suddenly, my eyesight became blocked with black and white dots. My ears were ringing. I closed my eyes thinking of it as an illusion. When I opened my eyes again, black and white dots were still there. I felt weird all over my body. I have a tingling feeling on my limbs and finally, black and white dots in my eyes got cleared after looking down. After that, I had wetness between my legs and so I urinated. I felt like blackout. I have a blood pressure of 90/70 mmHg and a temperature of 36.2 degrees. I have a pulse rate of 82 beats per minute with a blood saturation level of 97%.

#

Your headache seems to be of migraine type. I suggest you take tablet Celecoxib 200 mg twice a day for pain and Topiramate 25 mg at bedtime for a week. Have a follow-up after a week of taking Topiramate. I suggest you check your CBC (complete blood count) for anemia and your serum electrolytes to rule out blackout. These results will help to understand your condition better.

|