Q. I have right-sided headaches, and I blacked out and urinated today morning unknowingly. Why?

Dr. Peter Grutas
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 24, 2020
My head hurts, but only on the right side--specifically around the area of my temple. Sometimes, the headache spreads to my right eye. The pain in itself is tolerable but every time I lay down to sleep, it becomes more painful. Next to that, my stomach also hurts since the other day. I feel nauseous too. Earlier this morning, I experienced a weird thing. At breakfast, I was feeling nauseous. And then suddenly, my eyesight was blocked by this wall of black and white dots. My ears were ringing. I closed my eyes, thinking it was just an illusion, but when I opened my eyes the wall of black and white dots was still there. I felt really weird all over my body too. There was this tingling feeling on my limbs and when the wall of black and white dots finally cleared up a bit, I looked down and I was surprised when I felt the wetness between my legs. I urinated. I didn't even felt it until I saw the puddle below my feet. I felt like I blacked out. My blood pressure is 90/70. Temperature is 36.2. PR is 85 (resting). PI is 2.1 and blood oxygen saturation level is 97%.
#

Hello! Thank your for reaching out Your headache may be a of migraine type. I would recommend you take celecoxib 200 mg/tab, twice a day for pain and topimarate 25 mg/tab at bedtime for 1 week. I would then recommend further consult done after 1 week of taking topimarate. I would also recommend that you check your CBC to check for anemia and your serum electrolytes since you mentioned you blacked out. The results will help us understand your condition better. Is there anything else I can help you with?

|