Q. What are the possible circumstances in case of subarachnoid hemorrhage?

Dr. Rajyaguru
Published on Jan 10, 2017

My grandfather, who is 84 years, has been suffering from subarachnoid hemorrhage since 10 days. Also, he has been unconscious for the past 10 days. What are the possible circumstances and solutions in this case?

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Surgery
#

• The problem is most likely because of bleeding from the weak spot in the brain blood vessel. Ideally, we should do an angiography after dye injection and find out the spot and secure it.
  • But looking at his old age and unconsciousness, we do not advise it at this stage. Because, his chance of recovery is less and the procedure itself carries risk of complications.
  • So, balanced and the most practical advice in this scenario will be to continue supportive treatment and wait. If he shows some signs of improvement over the next couple of days, then we can do that.
  • I need to see the scan pictures to give perfect opinion. Generally, in such old age and unconsciousness after the event with bleed in the brain, the chances of recovery are less.

For further information consult a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

| 

Is my angiography report normal?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had chest pain. I thought that it is may be due to some excessive spicy food I took the last night and also I did not sleep till late due to some work. So, I just ignored it and left for my work. That day, I had to go somewhere driving myself and I thought it as just a min...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for my mother-in-law's waist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is having difficulty in walking, climbing stairs and sitting. She is having pain in her waist for the last one month. She feels tired and helpless. She always wants to sleep. On some occasions, she becomes unconscious without any reason. When we checked her blood pressure...  Read Full »

Ask a Neuro Surgeon Now