Urinary Frequency

For a BPH patient, what are the side effects of stopping Veltam plus?

Query: Hello doctor,My father, 74 years of age, has BPH. He had UTI four years ago and was diagnosed with BPH. PSA was 60 and last three years was on Urimax and past few months on Veltamplus. His PSA is 0.9 prostate size 45 cc and PVR is 70 ml. His symptoms have been the urinary frequency of every two hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you continue medicines as at present his flow (which is good) and postvoid (which is less, it should be less only) are because of medicines. I think if he stops the medicines then his urinary symptoms may get worse or postvoid may also increase. Ther...  Read Full »

Will HIIT exercise cause increased urinary frequeny and thirst?

Query: Hello doctor, The frequency of urination and thirst has increased from the last two to three days all of a sudden. Sometimes it is two to three times even in an hour. I am a 29-year-old male. I regularly do HIIT exercises two times a day.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you described the complaints, you seemed convinced that it is due to HIIT (high-intensity interval training) only. But there could be many more factors associated with it. To know the cause and prescribing further treatment I need to evaluate your case better. Ho...  Read Full »

What are the causes of frequent urination and incontinence?

Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago after having a couple of falls, my mother was diagnosed with progressive supranuclear palsy by a neurologist.  Last week, she suddenly started to experience urinary incontinence. Over the past few days she has complained of the urge to pass urine quite often and sometime...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The increased frequency of urination and urinary incontinence are due to bladder overactivity. Your mother should undergo an urodynamic study to know what exactly is happening in the bladder during filling. I think she will get good benefit by taking antimuscarini...  Read Full »

How to deal with fatigue, body pain and increased urinary frequency during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant but I feel like I cannot do anything. I am weak and my body feels like it is on fire but it is not I am wanting to throw up all day. I am using the restroom more than normal. My heart rate goes racing and I get light-headed. What is wrong with me? I have been dealing wi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that you are 5 months pregnant and frequenting restroom more than normal, with fatigue and weakness and likely lower back pain and nausea as well indicates a possible urinary tract infection having set in. You should get a urine routine and culture microsco...  Read Full »

Due to fibroids, I experience heavy bleeding and urinary frequency. Please suggest treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 46 years old. I am suffering from heavy bleeding and very frequent urination issues for the last seven months. My sister-in-law, who is a gynecologist asked me to take a scan. My scan report revealed that I have uterine fibroids. She prescribed Trapic 650 tablet for excessive ble...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have treated many fibroid uterus cases. Most of them became asymptomatic with a reduction in the size of the fibroid, and surgery idea was withdrawn. Smaller the size faster and complete disappearance of the fibroids. Medium to large sizes have reduced in size, but...  Read Full »

Had surgery for fractured femur and experiencing involuntary urination. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 88 years old. She had undergone a surgery for the fractured femur thigh bone. Now, she is experiencing high involuntary urination for the past two days. She is on bed rest now, and any movement in the body or legs results in urine discharge. Currently, she is taking Thyronor...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has temporary urinary problems which are reasonably common at her age following any major surgery with immobilization. I would like to know whether she passes urine usually ...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and difficulty while urinating. What could be causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a difficulty urinating since more than five months. I have had UTI in the past. I know this time it is not an infection as I do not have any pain or stinging. I feel my bladder is full and I feel a discomfort as I cannot empty it. I drink enough water. I have had bladder and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are suffering from interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, when you visit your urologist, you should talk to him about this possibility. He may advise cystoscopy to rule out other causes. I suggest you take table...  Read Full »

Is surgery required for my enlarged prostate?

Query: Hello doctor,My prostate is enlarged, and it used to irritation while urinating. But after the treatment for enlarged prostate, the irritation has come down. I have enclosed my entire medical records for your opinion. Is surgery required now? Will eating fish aggravate my condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You had episodes of Urinary tract infection (UTI), which was fairly severe with WBC (white blood cell) count of 28,000. The ultrasound shows prostate to be 57 g. Prostate surgery does not depend on the size of...  Read Full »