Q. Why am I not able to hold my urine lately?

Dr. Uphar Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 20 years old, so this is embarrassing. Lately, I have not been able to hold my urine. Sometimes I pee on the way to the toilet or even at night. There are instances where I will be in the grocery store and all of the sudden I would have to run across the store, but still not make it in time. Please help.

#

No need to be embarrassed. Discussing your problem with a doctor will be helpful in solving it, so please be free while communicating.

• The problem you are telling is common among females as the urethra is short, and weak pelvic muscles make it hard to hold urine. I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Kegel exercise that is, holding the urine multiple times during urination.
  2. Get a urine routine microscopy to rule out infections if no improvement after 15 days.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|