Common "Kegel Exercise" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Kegel Exercise

Kegel exercise refers to the voluntary contraction and relaxation of the pelvic floor muscles to help strengthen them. This exercise is helpful in controlling urinary incontinence and maintain proper bowel functions in males as well as females. It is especially useful for women when done after childbirth.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My penis is not getting hard enough while engaging in sexual activities despite no serious health issues. Why?

Query: Hello, doctor,I am 24 years old, and I do not believe that I have any serious health issues. However, I am experiencing a problem where my penis is not getting hard enough when I attempt to engage in sexual activity. As a result, I am unable to penetrate. I find this situation embarrassing, and I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. You may be experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED). Possible reasons for ED include: Stress related to work or family responsibilities, and night duties - Consider incorporating regular exercise and yoga into your routine to help mana...  Read Full »

I suffer from premature ejaculation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I ejaculate within a few minutes. Can you recommend an allopathic medication? I have tried Ayurvedic remedies without success. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Obinna Ugwuoke

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. Dealing with premature ejaculation can be a source of frustration. While methods like Kegel exercises are commonly employed to strengthen pelvic floor muscles and extend ejaculation time, there are also pharmaceutical ...  Read Full »

How do I improve my sexual life?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old male. I weigh 43 kg and I have problem in having sex. How do I improve my sexual life?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would like to ask you a few questions. Since how long have you been suffering from this problem? What kind of sex problem do you have, erection problem or premature ejaculation? Do you have nightfall too? Is there any kind of stress in your life? Are you a smoker or n...  Read Full »

What treatment will help to prolong my first session of sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 5.9 feet (ft) and I weigh 183 pounds (lb). I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes les...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair Bhaskaran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Viagra (Sildenafil) is not the medicine to be used for premature ejaculation. You need to get a physical examination with a urologist to rule out any genital infection causing an early discharge. If not, practice following exercises on daily basis for three to six ...  Read Full »

I am developing health issues due to masturbation. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old male. I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and weigh 46 kg. I have been masturbating for the past six years, and now I am sick. If I masturbate now for 5 to 6 times per month, then I get jaundiced. I have had this problem for three years. I am suffering from nightfall. Sometimes...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thanks for using this platform. I read your query and understand your concerns. I have seen your attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and anatomically nothing is abnormal with your penis. Regarding masturbation, I need to stress ag...  Read Full »

I am seeking treatment for erectile dysfunction. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED) for the past two months, and it is having a significant impact on my confidence and relationship. I am determined to find solutions to overcome this challenge and restore my sexual health. Could you provide insights into t...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. As you said, you have been having this issue for two months, so it is essential to consult a sexologist for further investigation. ED (erectile dysfunction) results from physical factors like diabetes, high BP (...  Read Full »

I have premature ejaculation and poor erection. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old male, married and have good general health and good sexual appetite. But I suffer from premature ejaculation and poor erection since 10 years. I have tried herbal/ayurveda products with no results at all. I worked in heavy public schedule over 8 years and took 1 yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I read your query and understand the concern expressed by you. In regard to the current medication, I would like to inform you that Parocen CR is one option for premature ejaculation but does not have any effect on weak erection. It can be said that in last three years a...  Read Full »

I want to know for how long can a man contract his external urethral sphincter. Kindly suggest.

Query: Hello doctor,I want to know for how long can a man contract his external urethral sphincter. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The external sphincter is a muscle that controls urine flow. This is under voluntary control. We usually use it when we want to control the flow of urine during a urine urge. One can control it for a few minutes like 10 to 15 minutes if the bladder is completely full...  Read Full »

I am unable to hold my urine. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old, so this is embarrassing. Lately, I have not been able to hold my urine. Sometimes I pee on the way to the toilet or even at night. There are instances where I will be in the grocery store and all of the sudden I would have to run across the store, but still not make ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uphar Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to No need to be embarrassed. Discussing your problem with a doctor will be helpful in solving it, so please be free while communicating. The problem you are telling is common among females as the urethra is short, and weak pelvic muscles make it hard to hold urine. I sugge...  Read Full »

Is treatment necessary for erection that lasts only for three minutes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to do intercourse with my wife for three months. My erection lasts only for three minutes, and then it will come down. How to increase erection for a longer period to have proper intercourse. Should I need to take any treatment? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As you mentioned, three minutes erection is within normal limits. So you do not need any medication for this. However, you can do lifestyle modifications to manage your high blood pressure, and it will also help you with this problem. Do regular exercise. Take a he...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.