Q. How to control the dripping of a few drops of urine after urination?

Dr. Neha Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 25, 2019

After urination a few drops are coming through my penis, I cannot control. Please advice.

Dr. Neha Agarwal

#

I can understand your problem, but you have provided very less information to solve the problem. Kindly provide the following information about yourself,

1. Age.

2.Occupation and religion. And since how long you are having this problem?

3. A number of drops that are coming through your penis after urination.

4. Is it associated with any other complaints?

5. For how long the drops of urine keep coming out of penis after urination?

First, I would like to tell you that a few drops (four to five) of urine may come out through the penis after urination which is normal for all males. The reason for this is the long urethra (penis shaft) in males as compared to females. So, after urination, you should slightly jerk your penis to remove the extra drops of urine remaining in the penis, or, you can also use a tissue paper for the same purpose.

With increasing age, there may occur urinary incontinence and other problems, that is why I would first like to know your age. Then, several drops are important because usually also few drops may come out. But if the number of drops is more than usual, then only we can say that you are having a disease and should be treated or not.

So do not worry because things can be normal also. So now the first thing you should do is to give all the information which I have asked for, then only I can find out what is the problem. Further queries are welcome.

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full

Why do I feel burning sensation and incomplete bladder emptying?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 42 years old, and I had a bacterial infection. I took anti-bacterial and anti-fungus medication. Now, I have a burning sensation while going pee and I feel like I have an unemptied bladder. I have an urge to pee. I also have a feeling of having leakage. I am taking the following med...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection. Please explain about the bacterial infection you had and about the medication taken. Please explain the reason for taking Aspirin.  Read Full

What causes inflammation of the urinary meatus?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last five weeks, I have had an irritated urinary meatus opening. My urine tends to leak after I have urinated, and there is a lot of redness inside the pee hole. I have had a full STD test including HIV, and all came back negative, which was done twice. I have attached two photos...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).The opening looks normal, there is slight inflammation, but do not worry. It is good that all your blood tests and urine are clear. But, it is better to have one antibiotics course and ...  Read Full