Vaccination

My child is 1-year-old. I need advice regarding my child vaccination.

Query: Hello doctor, I need advice regarding my child vaccination. I am moving abroad, and the treatments are pending. My kid has completed one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. By one year of age, a child should have received birth vaccines like BCG (bacilli Calmette-Guerin), polio drops. Then three monthly shots of DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus), Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), polio injection and hepatitis B. 2. By nine...  Read Full »

Why is there fever after vaccination in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 5 months old. I have given vaccine to her on 18th of this month, since then she was having fever every four hours the other day too. After that she is not drinking breastmilk and formula too. Now only drinks at night time while sleeping. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Usually, vaccines are not related to decreased feeding. Fever might be because of vaccine only but not decreased feeding, it may be a sign of infection. Is the baby dull or lethargic? Is there any recent Formula change? What about stools a...  Read Full »

How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I improve my immunity for pneumonia since I already had it five times? Once when I was a kid, thrice in high school and currently at college. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pneumonia is a lung infection. It is a serious problem if you do not care about it in timely. You get pneumonia due to infection with bacteria, virus or fungus or if your immunity goes down. You said you had pneumonia five times in your lifetime. As you h...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a multivitamin for a 3 week old infant.

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 3 weeks old. He is on both breastfeeding and formula preparation. What type of multivitamin can be recommended for him? Kindly suggest a few and enlighten what all are necessary for growth.  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Paediatrician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Neonates need exclusive breastfeeding and can supplement formula feed as needed. Usually, there is no need for multivitamin supplement at this age and would not recommend unless there is a need for one. For infant growth, all you need is timely feeds and breastfeedi...  Read Full »

My paediatrician mentioned a few vaccines are optional. What does that mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a baby girl (45 days old). There are some vaccinations in this period. Our pediatrician suggests vaccination option for DTwP/DTaP-1, OPV1/OPV1+IVP1, Hib vaccination, hepatitis B vaccination by oral administration or by injection. What is the difference between it and which one ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. 1. Optional vaccines are given in special and high-risk kids. Does your child is any one of them? 2. Yes, in the market there are various brands of different vaccines. 3. There is no limit for optional vaccines. 4. If a baby is healthy ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to delay birth vaccine in a newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby's birth vaccine has been delayed by one week due to health issues (my baby was born on 15th but the birth vaccine was given on 22nd). So, the next vaccine which was supposed to be given in six weeks has been given on 7th of this month (after two months) but if I see according ...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Vaccines are given as the birth age for a full-term normal weight baby. If the baby was premature and hospitalized, then it can be delayed. If it is delayed then one month gap is usually kept between two vaccines for better vaccine uptake. You...  Read Full »

When is it safe to give measles vaccine if the child already has chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 9 months old. His measles vaccine is pending and he got chickenpox just 10 days before. Is it safe to give measles vaccine today?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox and measles are similar kind of diseases, categorized as viral infections with a rash. In such a scenario, it is better to give measles vaccine one month after full recovery from chickenpox. It is not a problem to give measles vaccine after a month. Until...  Read Full »

Can plaster be used to reduce swelling occurred due to vaccination in a 3-month-old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 3 months old. She is suffering from swelling on thigh due to vaccination. Can I use plaster to reduce it?  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Local swelling after vaccination is the known side effect. Just apply ice over it for 3 to 4 times a day. No need to rub or massage, just apply ice. No need for plaster. It is local swelling, not a fracture where plaster is needed. It shall go...  Read Full »

Does maternal vaccine cause aortic stenosis in baby?

Query: Dear doctor, I was two months pregnant when I got vaccines to complete my citizenship status (immigration). My son was born with aortic stenosis. Is this because of the vaccine?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you provide more information: What vaccines have you received? What was the content of the vaccine? Did you suffer from any infection during your pregnancy? Did you have any disease during pregnancy and receive any medication for that? Any family history of...  Read Full »

Why is there cough after vaccination in a newborn?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old got her shots a week back, and that night she got a cough. It has almost been a week and she still has it and it has gotten worse. Should I wait it out? Or take her to urgent care?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe this is your first child that is why the query. Coughing has got nothing to do with vaccination. It is normal in children below the age of 6 months to cough or sneeze occasionally. Frankly speaking, it does not require treatment as long as the child is able to...  Read Full »