Q. Is it fine to give BCG and OPV after 15 days of birth?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

My baby is 10 days old. The doctor has given only hepatitis B vaccines at the time of birth. And, they planned BCG and OPV-B after 15 days. Is that fine?

#

I have read your question and I know that you are very concerned about your child, but do not worry.

• Ideally BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin), OPV (oral polio vaccine) and hepatitis B should be given at birth. But, if they have not been given at birth, then BCG and OPV can be given at 15 days of life.
  • There is no harm in doing this. Take care of your baby.

For further information consult a paediatrician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|