Q. How to treat my mother's vasculitis?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

My mother has been suffering from vasculitis. She is facing difficulty in walking. She also has thyroid, diabetes and sarcoidosis. Currently, she is on Covance 50, Gabantin 100, Dilzem 30, Raricap, Sympta 20 and Modlip 10. For vasculitis, she was prescribed to have Wysolone 7.5 mg and Mmf 500. Will it be beneficial? Or should we need any other treatment?

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatology
#

• Well, there is a lot of treatment available for vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation). We do use injection Cyclophosphamide and Rituximab.
  • But, it is very difficult to comment anything unless you tell us which vasculitis is she suffering from as the treatment will vary accordingly.
  • Secondly, you have mentioned sarcoidosis (abnormal inflammatory cell collection) as well. It is unusual to have both together.
  • Thirdly, the dose of Mmf (Mycophenolate Mofetil) can be increased, but we need to know why she is unable to walk. We do want to understand whether it is the joint or muscle or nerve issue.
  • Sorry, I have not been able to comment as the details you have mentioned are very brief. Do let us know more information for further guidance.

Revert back with a detailed history to a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|