Q. I have fever with dizziness, confusion and eye burning. Please advice.

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2019

I have a fever of 101 C. It has been almost 12 hours. I cannot breathe properly. My eyes are burning. I ate a Paracetamol 650 mg about one hour ago. Head feels heavy. Dizziness and confusion are the symptoms.

#

After careful analysis of the history provided, I would like to assure you that having symptoms of eye burns, dizziness and confusion while having a viral fever is normal. You do not have to worry about that.

Having said that, since you have mentioned that you have been having similar episodes in the past, I would like to suggest you to:

1. Do a complete blood analysis.
  2. Consult a neurologist and undergo a head scan.
  3. You need to make sure you are not dehydrated.

As of now,

1. You need to continue having Paracetamol, thrice daily.
  2. If not subsiding even a little, you need to consider going down to a clinic to have a Paracetamol shot.
  3. Also, drink a lot of water and eat healthy.

Stay healthy and positive.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|