Q. I have fever with dizziness, confusion and eye burning. Please advice.

Dr. Sandhya
Published on Apr 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2019

I have a fever of 101 C. It has been almost 12 hours. I cannot breathe properly. My eyes are burning. I ate a Paracetamol 650 mg about one hour ago. Head feels heavy. Dizziness and confusion are the symptoms.

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

After careful analysis of the history provided, I would like to assure you that having symptoms of eye burns, dizziness and confusion while having a viral fever is normal. You do not have to worry about that.

Having said that, since you have mentioned that you have been having similar episodes in the past, I would like to suggest you to:

1. Do a complete blood analysis.
  2. Consult a neurologist and undergo a head scan.
  3. You need to make sure you are not dehydrated.

As of now,

1. You need to continue having Paracetamol, thrice daily.
  2. If not subsiding even a little, you need to consider going down to a clinic to have a Paracetamol shot.
  3. Also, drink a lot of water and eat healthy.

Stay healthy and positive.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Can we use Tramadol and Acetaminophen for viral fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother, who is 27 years old, is having viral fever and the temperature was 103 degrees Fahrenheit since yesterday night. He has been complaining of slight fever for the past five days. We had blood tests and the urine test done yesterday and both were normal. We are using the followi...  Read Full »

Please suggest Ayurveda treatment for back pain and burning sensation in eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old and since past eight months, I have been suffering from weakness, lower back pain, muscle twitches. I have been masturbating for over 10 years and I have noticed I feel these symptoms more after I masturbate. I feel my legs are not strong enough, standing for a long tim...  Read Full »

Can inhaling enamel paint residual fumes cause health issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I (66 years, 145 lbs) am using a can of enamel paint in my basement. Total of 1 to 2 minutes. Had a mask on then took it off while I cleaned up 5 to 10 inhaling residual fumes. However, the mask was old. I know I should not have done it inside. Can this cause any health issues? Ran an...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now