Vision Difference

There is a black line in eye obstructing my vision. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My left eye developed a black wavy line that moves around every time I try to focus, at times obstructing my vision. After consulting a doctor and after an eye dilution test, she confirmed that bleeding had occurred in my eye around two weeks ago and the black line I could see was the b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have vasculitis which is inflammation of blood vessels in your eye which makes your blood vessels leaky. Injections of an anti-VEGF compound are indicated in this but before this, you need laser therapy in your eye along with a course of steroids. You need t...  Read Full »

My doctor was unable to explain the cause of my concern. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. I was diagnosed as type 1 diabetic at age 25. I am used to smoke, but I quit when I was diagnosed. Recently, after a stressful situation I fell off the wagon for the first time since I was diagnosed and bought a pack of cigarettes. I did not smoke the whole pack, just a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ronald Tongbai

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is not something to be alarmed about. Small, unexplained visual change is actually a common occurrence that I see in a lot of my patients. Most cases are usually due to benign causes that very rarely lead to any further complications. It can be tough to pi...  Read Full »

Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?

Query: Hello doctor,Can one be color blind if one has 20/20 vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, for your knowledge color blindness and color deficiency are two different things. You gain color vision due to cone cells in your retina. True color blinds see only black and white. They have no cones or have only blue cones. This is rare and they do not hav...  Read Full »

One of my baby's eyeballs appears to be deeper. Will it get corrected on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is one and a half months old. One of her eyeballs appears to be more inside than the other. What should we do? Should we consult a specialist or will it get alright as the baby grows?  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Please provide me with more information so that I can guide you better. Does your baby have any vision problems? Did she reach all her milestones according to her age? How about her social smile, looking at her mother, an...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for corneal scar?

Query: Hi doctor,One month ago, some iron particle fell into my left eye. When I went to the hospital, they said that there is a scar on the front of the pupil. Also, I was informed that there is no treatment for that. Please tell me some solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a residual scar on your cornea post removal of iron particle. Usually, iron particles leave behind a very small scar, which do not affect vision significantly. The scar by itself is non-progressive. If there is no loss of vision or glare, it is better to ...  Read Full »

Despite being shortsighted, I can see better without glasses. How?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 68 years old. I am moderately shortsighted, but still I can see better without my progressive glasses. How is it possible? I have been told that I would not need glasses in the days of less reading. I can go for hours in the morning before I realize that I do not have my glasses on. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is due to age-related cataract formation. Cataract is a normal age-related change in lens leading to opacities and hardness. Cataract of certain types causes changes in glass power; it can decrease in some people and increase in others depending on the type. It is adva...  Read Full »

Why do I have higher visual acuity in my right eye than the left?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK at the age of 26 and had 20/15 vision after the procedure. I had -4.5 R and 5.25 L before the surgery. I am now 31 and have developed some slight myopia (R - 0.25 and L - 0.50) and astigmatism. One thing I have always noticed was that both before LASIK and now, my left eye alw...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  It is common to have different power in both eyes. Also, different vision in both eyes. This is because of difference in optical properties of both eyes. In your case, the power of both the eyes is different. Higher in the right eye and this itself may be led to the di...  Read Full »