Q. Despite being shortsighted, I can see better without glasses. How?

Answered by Dr. Anand and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cataract or Cataract Surgery? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 68 years old. I am moderately shortsighted, but still I can see better without my progressive glasses. How is it possible? I have been told that I would not need glasses in the days of less reading. I can go for hours in the morning before I realize that I do not have my glasses on. I can see better in bright sunlight without any photochromic lens and sunglass clip ons. This applies to road sign reading and everything. I can often see television better within 10 feet or so without glasses. But, I definitely need my glasses at night to see well.