Q. My friend lost his vision in one eye after an accident. What are the possibilities to get back the vision?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

My friend got an accident a while ago and lost a vision in the left eye. He has three issues in his left eye.

1. There is a haem clot in the aqueous chamber of the eye.

2. There is a membrane formation occurring there,

3. There, is the permanent lens has got displaced from its exact location.

However, the retina is intact. I like to know, is there any way to return vision? If yes, how many surgeries needed?

#

A blood clot in aqueous will be absorbed spontaneously however if it is more it has to be surgically removed. Even membrane formation is removed surgically. Due to the displaced lens, the vision is poor. It is corrected by placing an IOL intraocular lens. There is a good chance of vision there is no retinal injury. But what about anteriorly to the retina is everything normal, it would have been better if you would have attached reports.

|