Q. My friend lost his vision in one eye after an accident. What are the possibilities to get back the vision?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 07, 2019

My friend got an accident a while ago and lost a vision in the left eye. He has three issues in his left eye.

1. There is a haem clot in the aqueous chamber of the eye.

2. There is a membrane formation occurring there,

3. There, is the permanent lens has got displaced from its exact location.

However, the retina is intact. I like to know, is there any way to return vision? If yes, how many surgeries needed?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

A blood clot in aqueous will be absorbed spontaneously however if it is more it has to be surgically removed. Even membrane formation is removed surgically. Due to the displaced lens, the vision is poor. It is corrected by placing an IOL intraocular lens. There is a good chance of vision there is no retinal injury. But what about anteriorly to the retina is everything normal, it would have been better if you would have attached reports.

There is drooping of eyelid due to retained lens in the eye. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Day before yesterday my lens got lost in my right eye. I thought it must have fallen. Later, my eye turned red and started mucus discharge and the next day the lens was expelled. So the redness got reduced but now there is mild drooping of the eyelid of that eye. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. K K Agrawal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably you have infection of the eye, due to lens being there for a long time. It causes inflammation of eyelids which causes drooping. You should start putting some antibiotic eye drops. Consult some ophthalmologist nearby to prescribe you one for it. Do not ...  Read Full

My vision is hazy with contact lens. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a contact lens and glass user. I had not worn my contacts for three days but changed the solution each day. I put my contacts on today and noticed that it looked like I saw a white haze. The weird thing about it has I only noticed it when an area is not well. I thought that it is bec...  Read Full >>

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be two reasons. The lenses may have micro scratches, and hence the blurring with contacts only. Sometimes the cornea starves for oxygen on using lenses causing epithelial haze or punctate spots. This can lead to haze. This happens because of protein built up ...  Read Full

I am having bulging eye problem for a year. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing bulging eye problem for a year. I am not able to sleep at night due to watery eyes. I went to the doctor, and he did an MRI and found that my eye muscles have enlarged. He gave the treatment for three months, but there was no benefit. He gave me Solu Medrol 500 mg then 250 ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you have described is called proptosis. The most common cause of proptosis is thyroid abnormality (hyperthyroidism) and called thyroid eye disease (TED). In this condition, eye muscle gets enlarged due to GAG (glycosaminoglycans) material deposition. This...  Read Full