Visual Acuity

How to recover my eyesight?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with my left eye called astigmatism. My vision without glass is 1/10 and with glass it is just 3/10.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your investigation report and other relevant details to comment further.Revert back with the reports to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist  Read Full »

My 2.7 years old daughter has cylindrical eye number. Is it a sign of keratoconus?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my 2.7 years old daughter's eyes checked, and she has a cylindrical number of -1 and -1.25 at 180 axis. Will it increase as she grows? Is the test done on the machine, reliable? I hope this is not a sign of keratoconus.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This may be a sign of keratoconus, but not for sure. It depends on the progression. If it progresses rapidly and corneal thinning occurs, then only it can be called as keratoconus. At present it is astigmatism. And you should start using glasses. Yes, it will change in...  Read Full »

What is hereditary macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, What is HMD (hereditary macular degeneration) and what is the maximum possible impact of this disease in future on a person? Can this disease make one blind?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HMD (hereditary macular degeneration) is a broad term given to a group of diseases that mainly affect the retina by deposition of some kind of material in between the retinal layers. These are genetic diseases. Though I have not seen anybody going completely blind ...  Read Full »

I have a swaying sensation as if the entire earth is a boat. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Have you seen any long term damage caused by cephalo-antibiotics? I have a debilitating balance issue and dizziness that feels like the entire earth is a boat. It had been like this for two and a half weeks after two of the 1 g Ceftriaxone injections. Please assume that I do not hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to have vestibular damage due to Ceftriaxone and that too when you have taken only two doses. I have not seen until now in my practice Ceftriaxone causing vestibular damage. Can you please tell me for what medical illness Ceftriaxone was prescribed to yo...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes extremely sensitive to neon green?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male, who weighs 240 lbs and I am 6.3 feet tall. My eyes are extremely sensitive to neon green, and it is so severe that I develop physical discomfort and loss of visual acuity when exposed to large amounts of it. Why is this?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Staring at lights causes bleaching of retinal receptors momentarily, so later we see an opposite colored spot. But this happens with all colors and is not specific to neons. Also, sometimes a little dryness or allergic condition of the eye can cause intolerance to bright ...  Read Full »

Do you have any thoughts on promising drugs for dry AMD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 63 years old. I was diagnosed with dry intermediate AMD about five years back. The VA then was 20/25 and now it is 20/60. I am currently on AREDS. I am a non-smoker. I have an excellent health otherwise. The Amsler is normal. The recent OCT showed no fluid. Do you have any thoug...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For dry AMD (age-related macular degeneration), the recommendations mostly include AREDS2 (Age-related Eye Disease studies 2) formulation. The other recommendations are quitting smoking (in case of smokers), controlling hypertension, lipid level, diabetes and regular...  Read Full »