Water Based Lubricants

A lubricant is a substance that is used to reduce friction between surfaces having mutual contact. Water-based lubricants are otherwise known as water-based lube. It helps in making sex comfortable as it is compatible with condoms. As these lubricants do not contain oil, they are easy to clean and do not cause a stain. It is ideal for use in sex toys. The natural water-based lubricants are aloe vera, plain yogurt, olive oil, and virgin coconut oil.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

The skin of my penis is peeling. Could this be a lube allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am uncircumcised and recently I have noticed the skin of my penis is peeling in certain areas. If I stretch the skin, it is more visible in the folds of my skin. If I rub the area with the peeling, it does not hurt or itch. I am not on any medications. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the images you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have had a localized allergy to some thing you used, either a condom or the lubricant. The good thing is only the superficial layer is involved, and it will b...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pain and burning sensation during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I feel pain and burning sensation during sexual intercourse. I can allow only 5 cm of penetration and it becomes more painful with pressure. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A lot of females suffer such problems during sexual intercourse. Have you used some lubricants during sexual intercourse? Use of water based lubricants like K-Y jelly helps to smoothen the penetration and thus reduces pain. If the problem pe...  Read Full »

I can only partially retract my foreskin when erect. Can I get my wife pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I can retract my foreskin of penis in flaccid state, but when erect I cannot pull it back. Only 25% of glans will be seen when I pull it in erect state. What is the treatment for this? Will surgery or medicine or stretching exercises be effective? Also, can I make my wife pregnant with...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you have mentioned is quite a normal phenomenon and not a problem. Most of them cannot retract their foreskin fully while penis is in full erection. If in flaccid position you have normal urination, then it is fine and no surgical illness present. You can mak...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to tear the hard hymen or only surgery is the option?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married before a month, and we are unable to have sex because of my very hard hymen. Yesterday I got bleeding during sex, and we thought it broke, but it was like a small tear from the side. My husband's penis is above average, and it is very hard, so I get unbearable pain every ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Hymen will not be hard, and your partner needs to understand your vagina, proper foreplay will dilate the vaginal region for easy access. Ask your partner to masturbate for you and increase foreplay. The hymen does not generally break i...  Read Full »

I feel pain during sex.I tried lubricants.But nothing works.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain during sex. It has been 5 months after my C-section. I tried lubricants during sex, like lube, vaseline and oil. But nothing works.The pain remains the same. Please suggest remedy for this issue of mine.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.You have given very little information regarding your query as you have not mentioned your age, marital status, number of children, age when you got married, number of past surgeries (C-sections). Pain during sex has many causes. It may include past C-section also and ther...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to maintain my erection during penetration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male who got married a year back. I am not able to maintain my erection while penetration, as a result, cannot have sexual intercourse. I do not face this problem when I masturbate.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not provided sufficient information. Please elaborate more on your problem, for me to help you better. For now, I can suggest you use a water-based lubricant like K-Y jelly for lubrication. Revert with more information to a sexologist online --> https://www.ic...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.