Q. I am going on losing weight after shifting to hostel. Shall I take some supplement?

Dr. Shakti Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

I am doing my college first year now and living in a hostel. While in my home, my health was good and I had even joined a gym for bodybuilding. After going to hostel, I only ate food given in the mess and sometimes, snacks from outside. After two months, I returned home and everyone was shocked as my weight has reduced and even my face had shrunken. Now it is five months after joining college that I am back home and my condition, according to family is worse than before. I cannot expect my hostel mess to serve me rich food to gain weight neither I will have the money to buy eggs, fruits and milk from outside every day. So, I was thinking to go for some mass gainer or protein powder supplements as I also wanted to resume my workout, which I have not started here because of my deteriorating health. So, I wanted to consult whether I should buy some supplement. Also, advise me the product as I am really worried about my weight.

#

• Do not worry about your health because this happens to every student who stay in hostels. First of all, do not skip any meal in a day. Have bananas in your room, so that you do not keep yourself fasting for long.
  • You can have small packets of health drink, which you can have at room with available milk in your mess. Do not use any supplements as these will only act temporarily.
  • Avoid junk foods as possible and have cashew nuts or walnuts. Buy a small packet, keep in your room and have it everyday.
  • You can do push ups and you can bring some dry, healthy foods from home along with you to the hostel.
  • If possible join a gym and focus more on your core muscles for strengthening muscles. Try to increase the intake of milk if possible.

For further information consult a fitness expert online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

|