Q. Is it fine to mix Formula with room temperature water?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My son is going to be 6 months next week and weighs about 6.54 Kg, birth weight was 3.03 Kg. Is weight fine? I am giving him Formula with room temperature unboiled water. Is that a problem? Can incorrect mixing of powder with room temperature water a problem for weight gain? He did not roll to tummy until now. He just moves clockwise when lying on the bed.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Weight for age is fine. Please use filtered and clean boiled water to avoid infections. Incorrect mixing will lead to improper concentration of the product and may cause either indigestion or reduced nutritional content of the Formula. Hence, always mix in concentration as per instruction of the Formula. It is alright for a 6-month-old child to start moving clockwise at this age.

|