Q. Is it fine to mix Formula with room temperature water?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Jul 22, 2019

My son is going to be 6 months next week and weighs about 6.54 Kg, birth weight was 3.03 Kg. Is weight fine? I am giving him Formula with room temperature unboiled water. Is that a problem? Can incorrect mixing of powder with room temperature water a problem for weight gain? He did not roll to tummy until now. He just moves clockwise when lying on the bed.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Weight for age is fine. Please use filtered and clean boiled water to avoid infections. Incorrect mixing will lead to improper concentration of the product and may cause either indigestion or reduced nutritional content of the Formula. Hence, always mix in concentration as per instruction of the Formula. It is alright for a 6-month-old child to start moving clockwise at this age.

Kindly suggest an appetite enhancer to gain weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 53 kg. I want to gain weight. I do not feel hungry. I want to increase my appetite so that I can eat more. I also do not eat junk foods. I have always been underweight. I used a syrup to increase appetite when I was 14. But, I did ...  Read Full »

What are the ways of increasing weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been really thin since my childhood. Though somewhere it is genetic now I do not feel comfortable. I am not able to gain weight no matter what I eat. My pelvic bones have started to show slightly. My weight is just 41 at 17. I have tried eating different foods but no posit...  Read Full »

How can weight be increased in a 23-year-old male?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 23 years old male and I am a student. My height is 166 cm and weight 49 kg. Over the past five years, my weight has not increased. I feel very weak and lean. Now, what should I do?  Read Full »