Q. I have a cluster of tiny white heads under lip. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Golla
Published on Oct 17, 2019

I have noticed a cluster of what looks like tiny white heads under my lip. After a couple days of being there, I tried pooping them but they seem to fill back with pus minutes later. Tired of them being there I kept pushing on them until nothing but clear liquid was coming out, now the area is sore and scabbed. Does this sound like acne or cold sores? I have noticed more of the same clusters on both sides of my mouth now.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

If possible, forward a few pics of affected area of the lips to help you through.

The middle of the scab cracks and reopens every time I open my mouth too wide. The whole area is dried out from trying to dry the scab and white heads with Alcohol and Peroxide.

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I saw your pic (attachment removed to protect patient identity). What I can see is a crusted lesion just below the lower lip. Usually, cold sores (herpes) will not affect that part of face commonly. Your concern is acne vulgaris grade 2 that is infected acne most probably. You can start using Clindoxyl gel on acne when they pop out. Try to avoid pricking acne to avoid scar formation. If in case, any new eruption is noticed at same place, then get HSV IgM and IgG 1 and 2 investigation done and if IgM is positive then only active treatment with Valcyclovir or Acyclovir is indicated under doctor supervision.

How to cure acne in the case of combination-type skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have combination skin on the face with acne. I am not really sure if it can be termed acne. There are these very minute skin bumps. Please see the attached photo. I do not usually get pimples though. What can I do to make my face clearer?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is acne vulgaris grade I. Your skin is of mixed type with the T-zone of the face oily and the remaining parts are dry. Start using Papulex (Nicotinamide) face wash twice daily. If your skin gets too dry after face wash, apply Aquasoft FC moisturizer af...  Read Full

What I should i do to cure dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne, and my pharmacist said that it is dermatitis. I tried every homemade mask, but it does not work out. I have not tried any medication but have used some skincare products like face washes. And apart from that, I have a terrible uneven tone (tan) on my face, neck, and arms ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. It seems that you have acne vulgaris grade 3. 2. Please do not touch or squeeze them. If you are scratch them, it will lead to the mark. 3. I have suggested the medicines below. Please consult your doctor, discuss my suggestion and take medication with consent.  Read Full

Can change in diet cause weird breakout around the chin?

Query: Hi doctor, Just recently I have noticed some weird breakouts around my chin area. I am not sure when they started. While I do from time to time experience acne, I do not think what I am experiencing on my chin is not an acne breakout. Because there is no white head or black head present. They are no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me they are papular lesions of acne. They are not blackheads or whiteheads. I would recommend you to continue with the birth control pill besides applying Benzoyl p...  Read Full