Q. Will Teczine-M suppress parthenium allergy or cure it?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Suddenly, I am getting whiteheads around my nose and chin and sometimes on cheeks, since two years. My nose is heavily targeted.

#

Please send me the photos of the area where you are having whiteheads.

There is a chance of it being molluscum contagiosum or milia. So, the exact treatment can be suggested after looking at the photos.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you so much for your kind revert. Here, I have attached photos for your reference. Along with whiteheads, I am also getting red painful bumps around the neck and chin which leaves black marks. And, I also have pigmentation marks on cheeks.

#

I went through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is folliculitis.

Do not apply any oily cream or oil on it. I suggest tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice a day. Apply T-bact cream (Mupirocin) on the bumps. Continue this for two weeks.

Check for blood sugar also.

Do not apply any other cream.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

One thing I would like to inform is that I am also suffering from a skin allergy since last two years along with folliculitis. I consulted two to three doctors but none are able to treat it. I need to take Patadin tablet every day. I also have a test for allergy which I have attached here for your kind reference along with my few test reports.

#

I saw your reports.

There is mention of parthenium allergy which is a very common type of skin allergy.

• Just search this name online and identify the plant. This plant should not be there around your house or the place where you live.
  • Also, there is a vaccination program for allergy. You can continue that, if available with a local dermatologist.
  • I suggest you take tablet Teczine-M 10 mg (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) twice a day for two to three months. Avoid all the chemicals for which you have an allergy according to the test.

What is the role of Teczine-M 10 tablet? Would it suppress the allergy or cure it? I looked online for the plant you mentioned and came to the conclusion that around my house there is no such plant in existence. The nearest this plant is at is, at about a distance of 300 m. Can it affect me?

#

• Yes, 300 m is not far at all. Plant spores may go many kilometers. 300 m is not very far. Avoid contact with this as much as possible. Allergic particles of plant remain in the air.
  • Teczine-M is antiallergic. It will suppress as well cure also (although response we need to see). Basically, 100 % cure is a bit difficult. You can also start oral steroid and Azathioprine. But you need to consult your dermatologist for proper guidance and take it with their consent.

|