Q. I got a wisdom tooth extracted five days back, why is it still bleeding?

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2019

I had a wisdom tooth removed five days back. It was bleeding heavily until two days ago, but now the bleeding has mostly gone. But, it bleeds when I brush my teeth. Is there anything to do other than to put padded pressure on the void of the tooth?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

• Here, I assume that you do not have any bleeding disorder. It seems initial blood clot after the extraction was dislodged due to some reason and the bleeding continued.
  • Yes, putting padded pressure on the socket is the right thing to do in such condition. Further, do not spit or gargle for 24 hours. Do not eat hot food, coffee or tea too. Do not sip through a straw. Consume more of cold things, like ice cream and apply ice packs from outside.
  • As the bleeding has stopped, the clot has been reformed, and slight oozing of blood from the site is normal for 2 to 3 days. Brush lightly near that area. And follow-up with your dentist after seven days of extraction.

Hope it helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|