Q. How can wrist pain with numbness in fingers be treated?

Dr. Ohams Ike Henry

I have had pain in my right wrist for a week now. But these past three days, my fingers and hand have been numb and it is getting worse and worse. Please help.

#

The pain is in the palmar aspect of your wrist or on the dorsal aspect? Was there any history of fall ,fracture before this and was there a huge swelling? There is a possibility that swelling lead to compression of the nerves that passes through the wrist to supply your fingers leading to severe pain and subsequently numbness. This is most likely a compartment syndrome. Can you still move the fingers? You need to do an X-ray of the hand and then see an orthopedic surgeon let them check you thoroughly.

|