Wrist Pain

I am having carpal tunnel pain in both hands. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was seen today for what seems to be carpal tunnel pain in both hands or wrist right being worse. It has been going on for over two weeks straight. Massages do not work, splints do not work. The pain is horrible at night, my hands are not just numb, my middle fingers feel like they a...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greetings for a healthy future. I understand that you have symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands. Regarding your questions about severity and surgery I hope following helps you. In order to know the exact cause and the severity of problem, it will be helpf...  Read Full »

There is continuous wrist pain even after treatment and wrist brace. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past one year, I have been suffering a pain in the middle-upper wrist area where I could not support myself while getting up from the chair. I went to an orthopedist and was given some medication and wrist brace with metal support to stabilize the movement. The pain started de...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history in detail. It seems that you are having stage 2-3 avascular necrosis of lunate (Kienbock's disease). I do not feel that you should wait as the disease progresses irreversibly. So it will not come back to normal by any means....  Read Full »

My wrist is swollen and getting worse without any injury. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wrist has been hurting a lot for the past week, despite me never sustaining an injury. I went to A and E where one doctor said it was broken but when I went to fracture clinic the next day other doctor said it was fine and sent me home. It is only getting worse and even more swolle...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain around your wrist region for a week without any history of injury to the affected area. Anyways the pictures which you have sent me to show that there is a bit of swelling around the wrist region, but x-rays are required, and clinical images alo...  Read Full »

I have had pain in my right wrist with numbness in fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had pain in my right wrist for a week now. But these past three days, my fingers and hand have been numb and it is getting worse and worse. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain is in the palmar aspect of your wrist or on the dorsal aspect? Was there any history of fall ,fracture before this and was there a huge swelling? There is a possibility that swelling lead to compression of the nerves that passes through the wrist to supply y...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in wrists and ankles?

Query: Hello doctor, Both of my wrists and my right ankle have recently started to hurt when I run or lift weights, but they are not sore. It is in my joints.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per history, I think you should start strengthening the forearm and leg muscles gradually. Please do let me know if you have had any ankle sprain in the past. This will provide more insights. Try doing reverse walking as well. A balance board training for the ankle ...  Read Full »

Can ulnar nerve relocation surgery be the reason for my wrist pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain in my left wrist for a month now. I had x-rays and a CT scan showing normal, but the pain continues. A few years back, I had ulnar nerve relocation surgery from a fall on ice in the same arm. Could the nerve be the reason I am having this wrist issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your wrist region for a month now. Also, you have mentioned previous ulnar nerve transposition surgery. Since your pain is localized to your wrist region, it seems unlikely that your ulnar nerve is involved because neuropathic pain is usua...  Read Full »

I have pain due to RA in spite of taking medicines. Please tell me what I can do.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with RA two years back and I am taking treatment for the same. My left knee is affected badly and the swelling is not coming down. Initially, I was not able to walk, but now I can walk slowly but cannot climb the staircase or fold my left leg completely. Recently I am...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rheumatoid arthritis is not controlled which is evident from your high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) of 60. The reason for this is that you are not adequate...  Read Full »

Can arthritis be the reason for ankle and wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I get pain in my joints like ankle and wrist occasionally. It goes off when I take Mobizox but comes after a few days again. Also, it goes off when I do massage or when I use compression glove. My uric acid is 10 mg/dL, and it is in a higher range. Does this pain occur due to increased u...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have arthralgia, and it is not arthritis. This condition will have pain along with swelling. It is unlikely to occur due to uric acid. You need to do a few tests which include RF (rheumatoid factor), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), an...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

I have pain and swelling in my right wrist. Is it due to rheumatoid arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, and I was diagnosed with RA late last year. It has been persistent in my wrists this year. I was told to take Zycel 200 mg, but I feel something else could be wrong, as the pain and swelling are only in the wrists, more in the right hand. In my country, we do n...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, then it is possible the swelling in the wrists is due to it. And moreover, we need to step up the treatment as only Zycel (Celecoxib) 200 mg is not enough to control it. It would be better if one could add Methotrexate...  Read Full »