Wrist Pain

How to treat wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, While driving my bike, my entire bike fell on my right hand. It has been a month now. Usually, I do not have pain while keeping my wrist normal. But when I lift heavy objects or moving my wrist, I feel uneasy. What is the reason? What to do?   Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of bike fall on your right hand. It causes jerk and damage to internal carpal bones while the hand touches the ground. Wrist bones connect the hand to the forearms. Wrist movements are controlled by the forearm muscles. I suggest you do some exerc...  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain in the fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home?

Query: Hi doctor, Now, I am working from home for eight to ten hours a day. Before six days, my laptop got backed up. For the next three days, I was working with an external keyboard and mouse by sitting on the bed instead of using my table and chair. Though I had some strain and discomfort, I continued...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention the exact location of pain. Please mention whether you have pain in your wrist or elbow or shoulder joint. Please mention whether you have hypothyroidism or diabetes. You have possible causes of neuropraxia, carpal tunnel syndrome, hypocalcemia, hypok...  Read Full »

What does tendonitis feel like in the wrist?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing persistent pain in my right wrist. The pain began after this weekend, where I was opening and closing a lot of jars (my friends and I do some canning), and I think the twisting motion messed something up. Now, when I attempt to hold things, there is a sharp pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Suman Saurabh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem, and I hope I can help you. Since the pain is on the ulnar side of the wrist, the movement starts from the hand, and the pain can be due to compressive neuropathy, FCU (flexor carpi ulnaris), tendinitis, impingement, or TFCC (tri...  Read Full »

Is carpal tunnel syndrome the cause of my wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bulged nerve in my right wrist. It causes pain when pressure is applied. It also causes pain in my arm, shoulder, and neck. Due to this, I stopped doing strenuous exercises using that hand. Sometimes, I have consistent pain in it. It aches a lot at night. It causes pain while ap...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs due to excessive use of wrist in a flexed position. It can occur due to typing keyboards for long hours. It is good to do tests to confirm the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Flex your affected wrist for 30 to 45 seconds and if the...  Read Full »

How to cure my wrist pain present after playing piano?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 19-year-old female and I get wrist pain. It happens in both of my wrists and it comes without any specific cause. When I put pressure on my palms, I get a shooting pain on my wrist where I have the main veins. I play piano in a proper position and pressure. I am afraid of getting RS...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You can have wrist pain due to playing piano and due to usage of devices for a long time. You should take a rest for a while. If you have continuous pain, then it is necessary to do an X-ray of the wrist to rule out arthritis or rheumatoid art...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for the electric shock-like feeling in the wrist while twisting?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed an electric shock feeling in my wrists when tapping on them or twisting too much. That comes and goes, and might be normal. But I have also noticed a little bit of pain in my right wrist, and I have noticed a crease (see attached picture) in the wrist area of my palm. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: 1. Since when you started to have these symptoms of electric shock feelings and since when pain in the right wrist? 2. As you mention electric current like feeling, I would like to know which area you feel that...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my wrist and fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently feeling pain in my wrists, both hands. The pain sometimes radiates into fingers and finger joints and also the back of the palm. Yesterday, I completed my rabies five injection dose. I did a similar five injection course seven months back. Did I take an overdose? Are my...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in both the wrist joints that radiate into fingers and finger joints with the back of the palm. You had a history of lifting a bag of 10 kg in a wrong wa...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

My palm shows alternate red and white patches with blood spots. Is this circulatory disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tight inside my wrist and discomfort along my left arm. On observing the palms of my hands, I can see red parts with blood and other white parts without blood. I would like to know if there is a circulation disorder.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, it is not a circulation disorder. This is due to normal variation in the density of blood capillaries and thickness of the skin. The circulation disorder would manifest as episodes of pain, burning, and paleness followed by flushing. This is not suggestive o...  Read Full »

What is the reason for wrist pain with weight lifting?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I am experiencing pain in my left wrist whenever I carry weight. At first, I presumed it was too much weight so I lowered the weight, but my left wrist continues to have pain. I tested using different things such as posture and time length, but the pain continues. I am tryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left wrist pain can be due to many reasons at your age. 1. Mechanical pain / soft tissue rheumatism, usually occurs around one point of joint and not diffuse around joints. It is activity related like it occurs only after activity or in some certain specific work or...  Read Full »