Wrist Pain

What could be the reason for the electric shock-like feeling in the wrist while twisting?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed an electric shock feeling in my wrists when tapping on them or twisting too much. That comes and goes, and might be normal. But I have also noticed a little bit of pain in my right wrist, and I have noticed a crease (see attached picture) in the wrist area of my palm. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: 1. Since when you started to have these symptoms of electric shock feelings and since when pain in the right wrist? 2. As you mention electric current like feeling, I would like to know which area you feel that...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my wrist and fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently feeling pain in my wrists, both hands. The pain sometimes radiates into fingers and finger joints and also the back of the palm. Yesterday, I completed my rabies five injection dose. I did a similar five injection course seven months back. Did I take an overdose? Are my...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in both the wrist joints that radiate into fingers and finger joints with the back of the palm. You had a history of lifting a bag of 10 kg in a wrong wa...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

Is carpal tunnel syndrome the cause of my wrist pain?

Query: Hello. I have this bulged nerve on my right wrist. This causes pain when pressure is applied. It starts to trigger the pain in my arm, shoulder and neck. For this I stopped any sternuous exercise with that hand still sometimes the pain persists. Mostly it aches at night. When I do yoga that applies ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhay Vikram Singh

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Carpal tunnel syndrome can be because of excessive use of the wrist in flexed position. Eg : Long hours key board typing or maybe excessive use of that wrist. I would like you to perform one test of carpal tunnel syndrome. Flex your affected wrist for 30 to 45 seconds and if the tingling se...  Read Full »

My palm shows alternate red and white patches with blood spots. Is this circulatory disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tight inside my wrist and discomfort along my left arm. On observing the palms of my hands, I can see red parts with blood and other white parts without blood. I would like to know if there is a circulation disorder.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, it is not a circulation disorder. This is due to normal variation in the density of blood capillaries and thickness of the skin. The circulation disorder would manifest as episodes of pain, burning, and paleness followed by flushing. This is not suggestive o...  Read Full »

What is the reason for wrist pain with weight lifting?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I am experiencing pain in my left wrist whenever I carry weight. At first, I presumed it was too much weight so I lowered the weight, but my left wrist continues to have pain. I tested using different things such as posture and time length, but the pain continues. I am tryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left wrist pain can be due to many reasons at your age. 1. Mechanical pain / soft tissue rheumatism, usually occurs around one point of joint and not diffuse around joints. It is activity related like it occurs only after activity or in some certain specific work or...  Read Full »

My wrist pain is better at rest and comes back on work. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have wrist pain (right wrist), tingling feeling when trying to pick something up or when writing or holding a spoon/fork (right hand), forearm gets slightly bigger when massaged and gets back to normal size when iced, pain radiated all the way to my upper back (at one certain point/...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement you have been suffering from right wrist pain, tingling sensation during picking up or writing or holding something, forearm becomes slightly bigger during messaging, and pain radiated towards the upper back. B...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment plan based on my MRI report.

Query: Hi doctor, My MRI report is as follows. Diffuse marrow edema involving scaphoid bone with a thin layer of fluid within adjacent dorsal intercarpal joint space. No obvious cortical break seen at present. Articular surfaces around wrist shows intact cortices with normal marrow intensity. Please explai...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suppose that this marrow edema is due to an injury. Since there is no fracture, there is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is to wear a wrist brace along with a thumb spica for support for six weeks. You need to wear the wrist brace all day and night and can b...  Read Full »

Based on the X-ray, how severe is my wife's wrist injury?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 42 years old. She is feeling pain in the right wrist while moving the palm laterally outward. The movement gets somewhat obstructed slightly and it is not smooth. This has been started after an occasion when she tried to pull or carry one heavy bag a week ago. X-ray has been don...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your clinical history and x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is actually no obvious fracture, which is visible. Also, I need to see clinically the site of maximum pain, so it will be helpful for me to better understand...  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain in the fingers, palm, and wrist after working on the laptop from home?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an IT professional, presently working from home for 8-10 hours a day. Six days back my laptop keyboard got packed up. Next three days, I worked with an external keyboard and mouse while sitting on the bed instead of a table and chair. Though I felt strain and discomfort, I somehow...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where is the exact location of pain? Is it at wrist or elbow? Is it at shoulder joint too? Are you suffering from hypothyroidism or diabetes? The possible causes are like, 1. Neuropraxia. 2. Carpal tunnel syndrome. 3. Hypocalcemia. 4. Hypokalemia. 5. Viral fever wi...  Read Full »