Zenker's Diverticulum

Can narrowing of the esophagus cause minty feeling in your nose and throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a menthol or minty feeling in my nose and throat when I breathe for more than a year. I have been placing on Gaviscon and Nexium (40 mg) for more than a year, but the feeling persists. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have been given a treatment considering gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). However, GERD's predominant symptoms are acid reflux and heartburn, but I do not see that you mention any of those. The fruity smell in the breath can be due to undigested ...  Read Full »

I have something in throat and vomit after eating anything. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I seem to have something caught in my throat. When I try to swallow, my throat closes up and I vomit whatever I was trying to eat or drink. If I sit for a time, the excess saliva in my mouth will not even go down.  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. It looks like you either have a neuromuscular disorder of esophagus or esophageal motility disorder. There are several types of it. 1. Zenker's diverticulum. Do you vomit foul smelling, newly digested food? Zenker's is associated with intermitte...  Read Full »