Zolpidem

Please help with a non-addictive drug for sleeplessness.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 61-year-old male. I am a diabetic for the past 15 years under control, hypertension for the past five years. My present problem is sleepless nights (mental tension) and using Restyle 0.5 mg. I was using it occasionally. But for the past two weeks, I am using it regularly. I am w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. As per your details, you are having stress which leads to sleep disturbance. You may have another depressive feature as well. I need more details about it to make a diagnosis. Do you have a sad mood, crying spells without reason, abn...  Read Full »

Whenever my wife took Ambien and Accutane together, she had alcohol-like breath. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has taken Ambien 5 mg, once or twice a week to get to sleep after a difficult day at work. She used to take the 5 mg without any problems, for almost a year. A couple of months ago, she started a course of Accutane. At first, she took 20 mg per day, now it is down to 10 mg per...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are most likely due to an interaction between Accutane (Isotretinoin) and Ambien (Zolpidem). This could increase the levels of Ambien in the blood immediately after taking it. The symptoms are highly suggestive of an allergic reaction. She could either be ...  Read Full »

How to come out of anxiety, stress, and forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe anxiety and heart attack like debilitating panic attacks when presented with work deadlines, enclosed spaces such as subways, elevators and small airplanes. I have relationship fears. Nothing in my life provides me joy or relieves me of my symptoms. I had the s...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it is almost clear that you are having depression along with claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces). It is obvious that you are not enjoying anything, fallen down to social ladder, feel distressed, loss of pleasure in almost all activiti...  Read Full »

Please help with Alprazolam addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. My weight is 68 kg. I am married and have two kids. Because, of the disturbance made by my kids, I was not able to sleep well sometimes. So, I just started taking tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg. Now I have been trying to gradually stop taking the medicine. So, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns. Alprazolam is a habit forming drug. I would suggest you to take Zolpidem for disturbed sleep. Zolpidem is less addictive compared to Alprazolam. I will suggest you the following measures to get a sound sleep. Please try. Avoid sleeping duri...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

What is the solution for segmented sleep?

Query: Hi doctor,What is the solution for segmented sleep? How to get rid of this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment depends on the cause of segmented sleep. If it is due to mood disorder like depression or hypomania or anxiety, then treatment of the underlying condition will correct the segmented sleep as well. If it is due to disturbed sleep - wake cycle like workin...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine for my sleep issue.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since 10 years. I went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed too many medicines, which made matters worse. My family doctor has put me on Mirtaz 7.5 and due to severe problems of falling asleep I am on Zolfresh 10. My depression is a little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A number of issues need to be addressed here. Before we talk about medicines, it is important to give much attention to sleep hygiene as your medications. Regarding the medicines, Zolfresh (Zolpidem) is a medicine that has a short duration of action and starts working imm...  Read Full »

I suffer from insomnia. What can be done to get a good sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from insomnia that had increased in the last year. I used a lot of medications that were prescribed to me by my local physicians such as (Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, and Mirtazapine). Initially, it is useful at the beginning and then insomnia returned. I also follow a beha...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have been in trouble with sleep disturbances for a quite long time. Also, it appears that you have difficulty in the onset of sleep rather than difficulty in maintaining the sleep. Before proceeding to management, I would like to know few things fir...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She recently got her tests done. She is not able to sleep properly. She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night. Can you please go through the reports and let me know what the actual problem is? I am attaching a copy of the test resul...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has a urine infection that can be well treated by the antibiotics mentioned in the culture report. Her problem of sleeplessness is unrelated to any of these test reports. Sh...  Read Full »