Zolpidem

How to achieve and maintain the standard dose of Zolcalm to help sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, and IBS(digestive issues). Due to my exam stress and terrible insomnia, my psychiatrist prescribed my Etilaam, Sobrium, and Zolcalm. But due to prolonged use of Zolcalm, I have reached a point where even 20 mg is n...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. You must continue tablet Nexito and Petril. If you are taking tablet Zolfresh 20 mg then you must continue tablet zolfresh 15 mg for four weeks then take 10 mg for another foue weeks. Now you are stable on tablet zolfresh 10 mg. Then...  Read Full »

Why did I have a seizure after drinking an energy drink?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months before, I had a grand mal seizure after drinking an energy drink. Since then, my sleep has become progressively worse. I am a nurse and worked the last three long days. However, last night I slept for one hour and I was then wide awake. I took the maximum dose of Melissa dream ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I understand your concern. The seizure activity you had needed to be evaluated for the cause. If that was an acute symptomatic seizure following an energy drink, then you might have reacted to some of its content. Important here is to evaluate ot...  Read Full »

Can restless leg syndrome cause sleep disturbance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I have been struggling with restless legs for years. I took Pexola at increasing dosages (1 mg) until last year. I then started to take Requip XL 2 mg twice daily as my RLS was giving me a hard time during day time as well. It worked very well, but now my legs are a...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from restless leg syndrome and insomnia. Restless leg syndrome causes an unpleasant or uncomfortable sensation in the legs and an irresistible urge to move them. In the majority of case...  Read Full »

How to come out of anxiety, stress, and forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe anxiety and heart attack like debilitating panic attacks when presented with work deadlines, enclosed spaces such as subways, elevators and small airplanes. I have relationship fears. Nothing in my life provides me joy or relieves me of my symptoms. I had the s...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it is almost clear that you are having depression along with claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces). It is obvious that you are not enjoying anything, fallen down to social ladder, feel distressed, loss of pleasure in almost all activiti...  Read Full »

Please help with a non-addictive drug for sleeplessness.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 61-year-old male. I am a diabetic for the past 15 years under control, hypertension for the past five years. My present problem is sleepless nights (mental tension) and using Restyle 0.5 mg. I was using it occasionally. But for the past two weeks, I am using it regularly. I am w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. As per your details, you are having stress which leads to sleep disturbance. You may have another depressive feature as well. I need more details about it to make a diagnosis. Do you have a sad mood, crying spells without reason, abn...  Read Full »

Whenever my wife took Ambien and Accutane together, she had alcohol-like breath. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has taken Ambien 5 mg, once or twice a week to get to sleep after a difficult day at work. She used to take the 5 mg without any problems, for almost a year. A couple of months ago, she started a course of Accutane. At first, she took 20 mg per day, now it is down to 10 mg per...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are most likely due to an interaction between Accutane (Isotretinoin) and Ambien (Zolpidem). This could increase the levels of Ambien in the blood immediately after taking it. The symptoms are highly suggestive of an allergic reaction. She could either be ...  Read Full »

Please help with Alprazolam addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. My weight is 68 kg. I am married and have two kids. Because, of the disturbance made by my kids, I was not able to sleep well sometimes. So, I just started taking tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg. Now I have been trying to gradually stop taking the medicine. So, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns. Alprazolam is a habit forming drug. I would suggest you to take Zolpidem for disturbed sleep. Zolpidem is less addictive compared to Alprazolam. I will suggest you the following measures to get a sound sleep. Please try. Avoid sleeping duri...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

What is the solution for segmented sleep?

Query: Hi doctor,What is the solution for segmented sleep? How to get rid of this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment depends on the cause of segmented sleep. If it is due to mood disorder like depression or hypomania or anxiety, then treatment of the underlying condition will correct the segmented sleep as well. If it is due to disturbed sleep - wake cycle like workin...  Read Full »