Here Are a Few Basic Steps You Can Follow to Stop the Spread of Infection:
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. It is recommended to rub your hands together with the foam for at least 20 seconds. The best way to do this is to sing the "happy birthday" song in your mind while you rub your hands. If you do not have soap and water, keep an alcoholic sanitizer handy.
- Bathe regularly and wear clean clothes.
- Keep your fingernails short and clean.
- Clean your house regularly and live in a healthy environment.
- Do not pick your nose, mouth or eyes either.
- Do not share personal items like toothbrushes, towels, razors, combs, handkerchiefs, soaps and nail clippers.
- Throw garbage only in the dustbins. Keep the dustbins covered.
- Avoid using public toilets.
- Avoid eating unhygienic and stale food. Consume freshly prepared food.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before consumption.
- Get all recommended vaccines at the right time. Take deworming tablets every six months or yearly.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Cough into your elbow or use a towel. Do not cough into your palms.
- If you have pets, make sure they are maintained clean, get regular check-ups and their vaccines are up to date.
- Practice safe sex. Stick to a single partner. Use condoms to prevent the spread of infection.
Last reviewed at: 12.Feb.2019
- Keep yourself updated with health news. Good knowledge of the prevalence of epidemics in certain areas or countries will help you make wise decisions about travel and prevention of infection.
I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.
I am a 23 year old male, suffering from allergy for past 6 years. I am facing this problem more in winter. Early morning, I will get 10 sneezes continuously. If I take cold foods, I will have running nose throughout the day and severe sneezing. Also I have itching and watering of eyes. C... Read Full »
Dr. Shyam Kalyan N
Welcome to icliniq.com.
My diagnosis of your condition based on the information you have provided is allergic rhinitis. However, to confirm the same I want you to do two investigations namely serum IgE and absolute eosinophil count. Both are blood investigations.
Allergy is not curable, how...
Read Full »
How do I overcome premature ejaculation?
I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehea... Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I completely empathize with you. The problem of premature ejaculation is quite common and is distressing to a young man but is seldom discussed.
See most of the time the problem is secondary to the anxiety attached to your expectations in the bed. It has been wrongly p...
Read Full »
Nipah Virus: Stay Safe from This Deadly Disease
This article talks about Nipah Virus (NiV) which, according to World Health Organization has the potential to cause the next big disease outbreak on the lines of the H1N1 virus, Ebola virus, and Zika virus. Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
General Medicine Physician
An infection due to Nipah virus was first reported in a village called Sungai Nipah in Malaysia in 1998. Hence, it got its name from the location. It is a newly emerging zoonosis, meaning, it spreads from animals to humans. The hosts are fruit bats (Pteropus genus), birds, and domestic animals such ...
Read Article »