Q. I am facing premature ejaculation. How do I overcome it?

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Jan 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2019

I am 28 years old. My height is 5'11'' and I weigh 91 kg. I plan to get married this year. I am currently on no medication. I currently have the following problems for which I desire to seek some solution for premature ejaculation. I think so, there is some kind of problem on the forehead of the penis because of which my foreskin cannot get retracted. Some sort of skin attachment is present at one end of the foreskin and the head of the penis due to which the foreskin is getting hurt at times when I tried to push back. I apologize that I am not able to make myself clear enough at this point in words. I request you to provide some remedy to the problems that I am facing. Thank you.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I completely empathize with you. The problem of premature ejaculation is quite common and is distressing to a young man but is seldom discussed.

See most of the time the problem is secondary to the anxiety attached to your expectations in the bed. It has been wrongly projected by unscientific magazine articles and porn that a man can last for 30 minutes or more. Honestly, most of the male ejaculate before 5 minutes.

When you are anxious about not lasting long in bed, you actually do not enjoy the act of intercourse and keep on thinking about prolonging the act without enjoying it. The preoccupation and anxiety about not lasting enough, in fact, cause hyperarousal and lead to premature ejaculation.

Moreover, when the male start to thrust himself into the partner the moment he undresses leads to early termination of the coital act (the sexual union that takes place between male and female during insertion of the penis into the vagina).

There are also lots of young men who are suffering from premature ejaculation without any associated anxiety or apprehension. Such men as well as you may benefit by taking oral medication like tablet Dapoxetine or Paroxetine before the sexual act. But in your case, I would like to suggest relaxation techniques like breathing exercises and progressive muscular relaxation.

Regarding your problem pertaining to the non-retractable foreskin, my opinion is that you must consult a surgeon. It is always better to remove foreskin if it is causing inflammation or itchiness.

Non-retractable foreskin is often associated with problems of genital hygiene that may subsequently lead to chronic infections. So make an appointment with a general surgeon.

Is it always necessary to undergo circumcision? I have attached a picture. Please have a look and give me your kind advice. I do not think I can explain this very clearly in words and apologize me for that.

Dr. Parth Singh

#

Circumcision is a healthy practice to maintain good genital hygiene and to prevent disorders related to the foreskin. But, it is not always necessary if there is no structural problem associated.

In your case, the foreskin is attached to the glans penis and you are unable to retract it. So, I advise you to see a surgeon so that a diagnosis can be made and proper management can be done.

I am not suggesting that in your case circumcision will be necessary. Maybe a small outdoor procedure to detach the foreskin from glans penis is all you needed.

Please suggest a medicine, which can cure erection problems and low libido.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male, who has schizophrenia and depression from the last 12 years. My current problem is low libido and erection-related issues. I do not wish to take any medicine like Viagra or other similar medicines. Please suggest a medicine which can cure my problem. I also need...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there are following things which are responsible for decreased libido and erection problem: Obesity. Diabetes. High blood pressure and medications. Low testosterone level. I suggest the follow...  Read Full

I like to masturbate, but not sex. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have been married for 3.5 years now. I hardly feel to have sex with my wife. Sometimes, the gap will be more than a month. I masturbate almost on a daily basis and sometimes, twice or thrice in a day after watching porn. I am somehow addicted to it and not able to st...  Read Full >>

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have a normal sexual drive as you masturbate on a daily basis, which is also a form of sexual activity. Masturbation is not an addiction. It is a normal phenomenon. It does not affect our physical, mental and sexual health. It is totally natural and nor...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now