Q. I have a duplex kidney and calcification on the left urethra, causing pain. What can I do?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 02, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2022

I have had side abdominal pain for one month, and USG shows a left side duplex kidney with two echo complexes. I have also undergone a CT KUB non-contrast. It concluded that calcification in the left pelvis adjacent to the urinary bladder is difficult to determine whether this is in the part of the left ureter. I have severe sharp stabbing pain while mobilizing and cannot do heavy works. I am on Tablet Naproxen 250 mg and Tablet Co-Codamol. I would like to know what treatment can relieve my pain. Please advise.

#

This is a complex case to decide that strongly supports the presence of the stone is pain. Sometimes there is no visible dilatation of the ureter or renal pelvis. The best diagnosis study will be a CT (computerized tomography) urogram with contrast. I would suggest you do it instead of going for a ureteroscopy for no stone. I suggest you include alpha-blocker Tablet Tamsulosin 0.4 mg at night daily. Please discuss this with your doctor. I hope this helps.

|