Calcification In Kidney

How do nephrolithiasis and soft tissue calcification vary?

Query: Hi doctor, The findings of my 12 year old daughter's x-ray showed a cluster of 3 mm density overlying the right kidney, which may represent soft tissue calcification versus nephrolithiasis. I would like to get a clear understanding of the difference between soft tissue calcification and nephrolithi...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nephrolithiasis means kidney stones and soft tissue calcification means any part of renal parenchyma gets high deposits of calcium and show up in x-ray. I want to know the reason for x-ray done. Is she having pain in the flank or burning sensation in urine or fever or vo...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about kidney stones problem existing more than two years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having kidney stones. Multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys. These kidney stones are there for the past two years, which were smaller in size and were two, and now the number has further increased. I am currently on himalya tablets, Neeri Syrup. I have attached the lab report...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a case of bilateral kidney stones that are non-obstructive. Ultrasound is usually operator dependent, and the findings are not always accurate. Hence you have to undergo NCCT KUB (nonc...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my kidney stone naturally?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a kidney stone of 4.4 mm at the joint of the left side kidney to the ureter. I also have a mild swelling in my left kidney, while the kidney function test is normal. My stone was not detected on the ultrasound, but it is visible in the CT Scan. I had blood in the urine 12 days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. The urologist's suggestion is right. The kidney swelling can lead to a further damage in the kidney. The blood in the urine was due to a friction of the stone with the kidney surface. There is no blood in the urine now either due to a mild ch...  Read Full »