Q. What should be the treatment for abdominal pain during periods?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I am a 23 year old, unmarried woman. I have been suffering from PMS. I am getting severe abdomen pain during the menstrual cycle, and it is irregular also. What should be the treatment for my problem?

#

• In order to determine the cause, a pelvic ultrasound needs to be done as well as a clinical examination.
  • Usually, such pain can be due to a fibroid or a polyp. Both of these are benign uterine masses, which can be surgically removed and if the case applies, medically managed as well.
  • Please do the ultrasound and share the reports.

Revert with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|