Q. What can be done to manage severe and uncomfortable abdominal pain during periods?

Dr. Magesh T

I have severe and uncomfortable abdominal pain when I have my monthly period. My menstrual cycle and pain last for 5 to 6 days each month.

#

I have read your symptoms. It looks like the regular pain that comes on during the menstrual cycle. So I just want to know if you have any medical conditions like hypothyroidism, diabetes or any other general medical conditions if you have had any surgery in the past, is there any symptoms like vomiting, loose stools associated with this.

I would like to know your diet habit and if you have a family history. This looks like inflammatory muscle pain. I would advise you to take Mefenamic acid 250 milligrams with Dicyclomine 10 mg twice daily whenever you have this pain and also drink a lot of fluids that will help you with reducing pain. Drink plenty of fluids. That is very important.

Inflammatory muscle pain during the menstrual cycle.

Mefenamic acid 250 mg and Dicyclomine 10 mg as needed.

Plenty of fluids to drink.

I have spina bifida and I am also in a wheelchair.

#

I understand that you have a spina bifida. I am sorry to learn that you are in a wheelchair. I hope you are doing well. deficiency of folic acid could have caused spinal bifida but since you are in a wheelchair I would like you to continue your regular physiotherapy activities. I would like to know your other medical problems and if possible send me your latest medical reports.

|