Acanthosis Nigricans

How does a dermatologist treat dark underarms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have dark underarms with dark spots. I also have a slight dark patch around the neck. Please prescribe me necessary medicines. I do not have thyroid or sugar. I have PCOD, and not under treatment right now.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I would say it is Acanthosis nigricans. Clinical photographs would have helped. Have you put on weight recently? I suggest applying Glyco-A 12% cream (Glycolic acid) at night over dark area. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her a...  Read Full »

How to get rid of black arms, elbows, and back?

Query: Getting black dirt accumulated on my arms , forearms , elbow , upper back (severe) , lower back . Tried home remedies (haldi + milk + honey) bath , soap changed but nothing happend , sometimes i feel irritation on my skin and also dry and dirt layer can be seen and when scratch from nails white ras...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are keeping safe 1)I understand your concern, I have read your brief history and from it, it looks like you have been have Acanthosis nigricans which is darkening or Hyperpigmentation of skin folds . 2)The various reasons for this can include - Obesity - Us...  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark spots on both cheeks near to eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old male. I have dark spots on my cheeks close to eyes on both sides identical. I would like to have medical advice on this problem which I am having for more than three years. I am currently taking Obimet SR 500, Glimisave M1, Pivasta 2 mg, Pinom 40 mg, and Clopilet 7...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send two to three clear pictures of the affected area for better evaluation and guidance. Do you have any symptoms (itching / burning) over this area?  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark underarms?

Query: Please I will like to know what I can do about it dark underarm  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: There are several reasons for a dark under arms. One of them is a condition called a campuses Niagara cans which can occur on its own without any associated illnesses or can be associated with endocrine disorders including diabetes it. Sometimes a contact dermatitis from a deodorant for example can ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a foul-smelling dark patch on my forehead?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a dark patch on my forehead which smells bad. For this, I have tried laser treatment as well. But, it did not work. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know few more details to give you a beneficial treatment plan. Since how long you have the patch? Is there any pain, burning or itching sensation? When and which laser you underwent and for how many session? Please do send clear photos of that...  Read Full »

I have dark and sweaty underarms for a long time. Please suggest a traetment.

Query: Hello doctor,I have dark underarms for a long time. I have tried everything possible when it comes to home remedies nothing has worked. I have used Retin-A cream in the past, skin peels, but it becomes red. I have very sweaty underarms. Suggest any treatment and aftercare. No hormonal issues.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed clinical photographs attached it is acanthosis nigricans. Stop application of Retin- A cream it can lead to irritation in the intertriginous area. You may consider the application of Grazia up cream one daily but only in the armpit and not in the groi...  Read Full »

My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My arms, neck and underarms are blackish compared to the rest of my body. Please look at my pictures and inform me the solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned. Looking at your photographs, I can appreciate that you have two things (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. Acanthosis nigricans: The darkening of the neck and underarms is due to thickening of the skin, known as ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for pigment marks on knuckles and feet.

Query: Hello doctor,My husband is 32 years old. From the last few days, there is a problem with his skin. He is having a very sensitive and oily face skin. But the rest of his body is dry. That is why he is very much prone to acne. But, nowadays there is some pigment kind of marks in his knuckles and feet....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query but can not find any attachments. Please get a review with pictures for better evaluation and best possible treatment of your husband's concern. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor...  Read Full »

How can dark patches on the cheeks be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My 21-year-old cousin whose height is 181 cm and weight 120 kg has dark patches on his cheeks. Photos are attached. The patient had already consulted a doctor regarding this year ago. The doctor had suggested that it might be acanthosis nigricans and suggested cholesterol evaluat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Yes, it can be acanthosis nigricans. But does he have similar pigmentation over the nape of the neck, groin area, and armpits? His serum cholesterol levels are raised. H...  Read Full »