Q. I have black spots on my face and upper back due to the popping of pimples. What can be done?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have a lot of black spots on my face and upper back due to the popping of pimples. To where it is darkening my skin making me uncomfortable with myself. I have been clueless about the medication I should use that would help my situation.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. The pigmentation which you are having will take at least 2 to 3 months to recover (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please mix Azelaic acid and Vitamin C cream in equal amount and apply on lesion at night for two hours only. Do not rub on your whole face. Take both creams in a small amount. Each one about the size of a pea will be enough for the whole face.

|