Q. I have black spots on my face and upper back due to the popping of pimples. What can be done?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Sep 11, 2019

I have a lot of black spots on my face and upper back due to the popping of pimples. To where it is darkening my skin making me uncomfortable with myself. I have been clueless about the medication I should use that would help my situation.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. The pigmentation which you are having will take at least 2 to 3 months to recover (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please mix Azelaic acid and Vitamin C cream in equal amount and apply on lesion at night for two hours only. Do not rub on your whole face. Take both creams in a small amount. Each one about the size of a pea will be enough for the whole face.

| 

Why the consumption of spices cause pimples on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is getting pimples on his genital (penis head) whenever he consumes red chilies or spicy food, and it is taking a long time to cure. A similar incident occurred six months back, and he applied Candid lotion. All the blood tests came negative. Currently, he is on Raflu medica...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for pimples on the private parts?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article