Q. Why are there pimples on penis head on consumption of spices?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2018

My husband is getting pimples on his genital (penis head) whenever he consumes red chilies or spicy food, and it is taking a long time to cure.

A similar incident occurred six months back, and he applied Candid lotion. All the blood tests came negative. Currently, he is on Raflu medication. Can I know the reason for the pimples?

#

Kindly send the image. Without images, it is difficult to give a clinical diagnosis and the treatment.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have attached the files.

#

It is balanitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the cause can be a fungal or bacterial infection.

Is he diabetic? Consider the application of Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid 2 %) twice daily, Clotrimazole 1 % cream twice daily or Miconazole 2 % cream twice daily.

Oral medications: Tablet Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet after the meal on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for two weeks.

If you have a similar complaint of itching, then even you should consider treatment.

Is this a severe disease which cannot be cured?

#

No, it is not. It can be cured. But, follow up again if he suffers from any erosions or small ulcers over glans. At present, just continue with the medications. Topical medications need to be continued for 1 month.

Does the blood also get infected? I went and checked with a gynecologist. She said that my vagina is normal and I do not have any problem. How would he have got this balanitis?

#

No, it is not related to blood. It is a fungal infection. The reoccurrence is mainly due to poor personal hygiene. One should clean the area with lukewarm water, and use washed clothes daily. The undergarments should be washed and changed regularly. There should not be any collection of fluid or secretions over the preputial skin.

Revert if he observes erosions or ulcers. Otherwise, there is nothing to worry about majorly.

He is taking Fluconazole 150 mg for 2 months and whenever he eats spicy food, it reappears.

#

Then take capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for seven days only after the meal. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medications with their consent.

|