Q. I have scars and spots on face with hair fall and dry hair. Why?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

I have scars and spots on face, hair fall and dry hair. Please help.

#

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area on the face so that I can guide you better. You may use Radant lite cream for dark spots. However, for scars, I suggest either chemical peeling or laser resurfacing. Kindly let me know if you have dandruff? As dandruff is an important cause of hair fall. Get a few basic investigations like thyroid screen, serum ferritin levels, vitamin D3 levels, vitamin B12 levels as deficiency can cause increased hair shedding. You may in the mean time take an oral Biotin supplement like tablet Revilus once a day. Use Renocia hair solution on scalp skin every night. Take care.

I do not have dandruff. Please suggest shampoo oil or some Medicare for my hairs. I have recently shifted to a new place.

#

You can ask for an oral Biotin supplement from a drug store near you. That is for your hair till the time you get your blood tests (CBC, serum ferritin, thyroid profile, serum vitamin D3, and vitamin B12 levels. For spots, I suggest you use a Kojic acid-based cream, twice daily. For acne and pimples, I would recommend that you use Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 % gel, twice daily for two weeks. Take care.

|