Q. I have scars and spots on face with hair fall and dry hair. Why?

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Dec 03, 2018

I have scars and spots on face, hair fall and dry hair. Please help.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area on the face so that I can guide you better. You may use Radant lite cream for dark spots. However, for scars, I suggest either chemical peeling or laser resurfacing. Kindly let me know if you have dandruff? As dandruff is an important cause of hair fall. Get a few basic investigations like thyroid screen, serum ferritin levels, vitamin D3 levels, vitamin B12 levels as deficiency can cause increased hair shedding. You may in the mean time take an oral Biotin supplement like tablet Revilus once a day. Use Renocia hair solution on scalp skin every night. Take care.

I do not have dandruff. Please suggest shampoo oil or some Medicare for my hairs. I have recently shifted to a new place.

Dr. Kakkar

#

You can ask for an oral Biotin supplement from a drug store near you. That is for your hair till the time you get your blood tests (CBC, serum ferritin, thyroid profile, serum vitamin D3, and vitamin B12 levels. For spots, I suggest you use a Kojic acid-based cream, twice daily. For acne and pimples, I would recommend that you use Benzoyl peroxide 2.5 % gel, twice daily for two weeks. Take care.

What might be the reason for severe hair loss?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 5'2" and she weighs 55 kg. She is suffering from severe hair loss. She had ferritin test and the level is 29.10. Her hemoglobin level is normal. Please give me suggestion about this doctor.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that hair loss can be very problematic. If you are more worried about any particular part then send me a picture of it.  In general, female lose hair and experience of a reduction in density but the headline is intact. There can be a lo...  Read Full

Shall I try some natural supplement to prevent hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I was blessed with a thick, dark and long hair. For a year or so, I have started experiencing deterioration in the quality of my hair. I am experiencing thinning, loss of luster, split ends and hair fall with alarming rate. I was stressed during my board exams, but i...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can try DasGro supplements. I also suggest Proanagen tablets. Rather than Tricogro hair serum, use Minoxidil 2% lotion twice daily on dry hair for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent. ...  Read Full

Hair Loss (Alopecia Areata) Cure Through Homoeopathy

Article Overview: Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata is reasonably successful. Homeopathic medicines try to cure the immune system disorder that is responsible for hair loss. Read Article

Dr. Priyanka M Arora
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Alopecia Areata? Alopecia areata is a condition where there is hair loss that affects typically the scalp, beard, eyebrows etc in oval or circular patches. Alopecia areata is a common skin disorder which affects all races, both genders and typically younger age groups. In some cases total ...  Read Article