Q. What might be the reason for severe hair loss?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

My mother is 5'2" and she weighs 55 kg. She is suffering from severe hair loss. She had ferritin test and the level is 29.10. Her hemoglobin level is normal. Please give me suggestion about this doctor.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• In general, female lose hair and experience of a reduction in density but the headline is intact.
  • There can be a lot of reasons for hair loss like:
  1. Improper hair routine and hard (salt) water.
  2. Have a good intake of fresh fruits and maintain vitamin D3 levels.
  3. Optimum zinc and biotin levels are key.
  4. Use a broad bristle comb and avoid over strenuous combing of hair.
  5. Never shampoo in dry hair.
  • As for medication, take capsule Keraglo Eva (gamma Lenolenic acid) one every day.
  • Tablet Neurobion forte (multivitamin) one every day for 6 months.
  • Hair need a long-term treatment so should follow it with some patience.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of antiepileptic drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old girl and it has been almost four years that I have been suffering from epilepsy. The medicines I take are Levipil 500 mg, Rivotril 0.5 mg and Cetadom for headache. Recently, I am feeling that my memory power and concentration are falling down. I have also been facing...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ovares Plus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »