I have severe hyperpigmentation on my body, specifically around my chest (this may be a result of acne scarring). Is it possible for me to use facial brightening treatments (like Vitamin C) on my body as well? Is there any specific products that work after exfoliation.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I understand your concern. Yes, you can use creams or lotions containing hyaluronic acid, Niacinamide, growth factors, vitamin C complex, collagen, retinol complex, squalene, glycolic acid, and azelaic acid for reducing the post-acne pigmentation.
For exfoliation, you can use facewash or scrubs containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
Also follow these simple measures:
1. Do not pick on your acne as it leads to scarring which could be deep and permanent.
2. Do touch your face or acne spots with unclean hands.
3. Do not scrub your face too often, maybe just once in a week.
4. Avoid cosmetic products unless the present flare-up subsides.
5. Apply a sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) not more less than 25.
6. Relax and make yourself stress-free as stress is a big contributing factor.
7. Avoid oily food, junk food, dairy products, egg yolk, fatty, and too spicy foods.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My height is 158 cm and my weight is 50 kg. I have severe acne scars on my face, back, lower back and below the neck. I have pimples on my face. I am using Benzoyl peroxide for the same. I have attached my photos here. My problems also include hair fall, thinnin... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, The patient is my wife. She is 30. She is seven months pregnant. This is the second pregnancy. She complains of pigmentation points on cheeks and hair loss increased as pregnancy is progressing. Her diet is alright. Endocrine reports are fine. Face pigmentation and hair loss is causin... Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I have a wheatish complexion. Can you please suggest if I can use Kojivit cream for skin lightening? Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now