Q. What are the available options to treat acne scars?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I have acne scars. What are the treatments followed to make the acne scars go away?

#

Acne scar treatment depends on the type of scar. Boxcar scar is a superficial one. It can be treated with microdermabrasion combined with peel, and dermaroller. Ice pick scar is a small deep scar. It can be treated with TCA CROSS (Trichloro Acetic Acid chemical reconstruction of skin scars) procedure. Rolling scar needs subcision (minor surgical procedure) and fractional Co2 laser. Hypertrophic scar requires treatment using an intralesional injection of Triamcinolone acetonide to flatten it. Please attach your clinical picture soon so that I can guide you further.

|